Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

The few brands I have tried do fit with no problems, as long as they have slits for the safety belt (if you plan to use that feature). I just bought a new DwellStudio changing pad cover, and it fits. I'll have to cut slits for the saftey belt though.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We just used a pad on top of the dresser. We bought a pad that had hardware to snap it to the back of the dresser. Worked like a charm! I overpaid for my pad at BBBaby.
    Check Wal-mart and Target for pricing.

We just put the pad on top of the dresser. The key is having a dresser the right height for you! A topper would have made it too tall for me to change DC comfortably.

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I actually use an old hutch from a dining room set for a changing area. I just have the changing pad on the top.
    DS - 11/08
    DS2- 2/13

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by larig View Post
    I used a 3-drawer hemnes with a pad on top. It was a great height.

We used the Kooshee brand changing pad, but I had trouble finding it for a reasonable price on Amazon the last time I looked.

If you're worried about sliding, you can always take a bit of anti-slip shelf liner or under-the-rug stuff and put that on top of the dresser before you put the changing pad on that. I would recommend it with something like the Hemnes, because the finish is foil rather than stained wood.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

We did a changing pad on the bedroom dresser, but my absolute favorite changing pad location is the bathroom counter. Good for diaper changes, wetting washcloths to get baby really clean, and for putting on pjs after baby gets his/her bath. If you've got the extra bathroom counter space, it's an option to consider. Barring that, waterproof flannel pads are a great way to change baby on the floor. The pads fold up really compact so you can easily store them anywhere.

Hi,
    We have the hemnes dresser set, and this was my original plan. Instead, we ended up buying a changing pad from BRU and we do it on the floor. Sometimes, we move the changing pad to the bed or the pad and play to work higher up.

Also, we use doggy pads (XL wee wee pads) on top of the changing lad for easy cleaning instead of a changing pad cover.

Cheers,
    Alice

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BDKmom View Post
    I just put the changing pad on top of the dresser. Has never been a problem.

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    We just plopped a contoured changing pad on top of the dresser. Works great!
    I secured mine to the (painted) dresser top with six small pieces of duct tape. And good thing too as Mopey fairly dances daily in front of her reflection on the changing table and has always been super squirmy. Just came a little loose at 22+ months in. Works for me!
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

we used the hemnes 3-drawer with a changing pad (contoured) on top. It was a nice height for changing for me.
    L, mommy to my one and only, super-sweet boy, G 6/08

I'm pro-big bird, and I vote.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3