Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I just went through the exercise of converting a Frontier 85 to a booster and it was not a walk in the park. I also don't like the fit as a booster for my DS so we are converting it back to a harnessed seat. The Monterey is a much better booster IMO - at least for younger booster users. I also am not able to fit any seats or boosters between my Frontier 85 and FFing Boulevard in my X5. I'd go for the Monterey over the Frontier for a 7 yo. Those massive headwings are great for sleepers.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

How about the parkway SGL or 7 year old?

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    With a frontier, you could have her boostered for everyday and just pull out the harness for long trips. Way easier to switch between modes on the 90 (don't need to even uninstall, not that reinstalling is a big barrier since it takes about 30 seconds) but I don't believe it's too bad on the 85.
    I think you would have to uninstall and reinstall because you have to flip the thing on the bottom that goes one way for booster install and the other way for harness install. (on the 85)
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxlee View Post
    How about the parkway SGL or 7 year old?
    I chose the Monterey because I liked the heftier shell and the bigger headwings. You just have to make sure to get one with the new belt guide if you get one. Also, I think the SGL did not come in cowmoo. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by stillplayswithbarbies View Post
    I think you would have to uninstall and reinstall because you have to flip the thing on the bottom that goes one way for booster install and the other way for harness install. (on the 85)
    Correct, plus you have to remove the entire harness which was a PITA, re-adjust the height of the headrest and harness adjuster and take out the locking screw in the headrest. As I said, not a walk in the park!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have several friends who bought their sons Parkways a few years ago and most of them decided to get Montereys instead. They just liked them better.

We have a Frontier 80 that DD1 has been using as a belted booster since this past November full time and it was a pain to use as a belted booster until she was about 6/1/2 and 46" tall. She will be in it until DD2 out grows her RA55 covertible seat which could be within the year or it could be in 2 yrs., it just depends on how DD2 grows (right now she is growing like a weed). As much as I want to like the new Frontier 90 I am hoping that I don't have to buy another Frontier, just maybe a nicer booster like a Monterey, Recaro Vivo, Harmony Dreamtime, or the like for DD1 to use until she is comfortable in a low back full time once DD2 needs the Frontier harnessed.

I will say that we have been super impressed with the Frontier as a high back booster. Even DDs friends who all ride in low back boosters have commented at how comfy it is. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369255161.677520.jpg
    (this is DD1 after a long day of hiking. Sure she could be a bit more upright, but overall very happy with the fit of the seat for her)
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Got the seats today - the frontier seems great & super easy to install but it kinda wide. Not really impressed with Parkway I think it's going back and I will try the Montery. How does the Radian compare to the frontier? I think it's skinnier than the frontier? Would like to be able to get third booster in back - DD2 is petite fits in size 4.

Radian's quite nice, lots, lots smaller than Frontier. https://picasaweb.google.com/1049718...82445486315394 My tall 4 yo in hers My girls fit till about 7 in it with the harness, and of course the new ones become a booster (minimum weight is 50 pounds, so it will fit for a while for kids after they outgrow the harness, but not long).
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

So I would have to by another booster after she outgrew the radian? But the frontier I should be able to use until she is done with boosters?

Which model Radian should I be looking at?

Thanks so much for all the help!
    Last edited by Maxlee; 05-23-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Annie, your kiddo looks so much better in the Frontier as a booster than mine! Can she buckle herself?
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    Annie, your kiddo looks so much better in the Frontier as a booster than mine! Can she buckle herself?
    Yes she can, but it took her a long time to get it done as when we first tried it at 5/1/2 in October, 2011 the fit was great, but she'd continually lock the seat belt trying to get it in so we opted for the cheaper Graco high back Turbo as a temporary seat knowing she'd eventually be back in the Frontier full time in one of our cars. Last summer by the time she was 6/1/2 we tried it again for a long trip (7 hrs.) we took last summer and it finally worked well for her to buckle on her own. She is even better now at 7 yrs. old and about 3-4" taller (she is about 48" w/shoes on).
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2