Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default who has the frontier 90? Reviews?

I'm looking to get a new seat for my oldest (almost 4.5 - 35 lbs). I'll be needing his convertible for my youngest (5 mo). I fell in love with the video of the installation and with diapers.com offering 30% off Britax I'm ready to jump. It's so new that there aren't many reviews out there and was wondering if anyone has used it. On Amazon I saw one review that it was hard for the child to buckle herself. My oldest is in the 3rd row of our Sienna and I need him to be able to buckle and unbuckle himself.
    DS1 - 12/25/08
    DS2- 9/17/10
    DD - 12/9/12

Tons of threads over at www.car-seat.org if you want to peruse, and www.carseatblog.com did a nice review, too. Overall I'd say it's a winner, people seem really happy with the flawless install, it looks comfy, nice armrests, lots of padding. There's a learning curve for all kids to self-buckle, I'd wager this buckle is a lot easier than the current Graco and Evenflo Buckles, which are your other choices (Nautilus/SecureKid) in the same category (The Britax/IMMI buckles are just overall way nicer than the AmSafe buckles G and E are using, I don't know what's going on with them, but they are obnoxious lately)
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    Tons of threads over at www.car-seat.org if you want to peruse, and www.carseatblog.com did a nice review, too. Overall I'd say it's a winner, people seem really happy with the flawless install, it looks comfy, nice armrests, lots of padding. There's a learning curve for all kids to self-buckle, I'd wager this buckle is a lot easier than the current Graco and Evenflo Buckles, which are your other choices (Nautilus/SecureKid) in the same category (The Britax/IMMI buckles are just overall way nicer than the AmSafe buckles G and E are using, I don't know what's going on with them, but they are obnoxious lately)
    thank you! He has no problem buckling himself in the RA50. I've started looking over on car-seat.org. Hopefully I can look some more when the kids go to bed. They love their sister a little too much I can't turn my eyes away! Now I just need to hope diapers.com gets some more back in stock before their sale is over!
    DS1 - 12/25/08
    DS2- 9/17/10
    DD - 12/9/12

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think it looks awesome and want to sell my KF30, TFP, and MR65 to fund a FR90! We already have a FR85 that I would keep as well. DS2 would use the FR85 in DBF's car (which he rarely rides in) and the FR90 in my car.

I've been reading all the reviews on car-seat.org and watching all the videos as well.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

jbbhb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have one and I really like it. The install is seriously effortless. DS1 loves it and can't stop talking about his new car seat. He seems really comfy too. I can't offer any advice on the self buckling part, we aren't there yet.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Just got ours today and the install really is as easy as the videos show. I haven't had a chance to really play with it otherwise but definitely has usual britax high quality feel.

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping some come back in stock today so I can order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 - 12/25/08
    DS2- 9/17/10
    DD - 12/9/12

Those of you who have one, what color did you get? Do you like it? I find all the color choices totally blah and can't decide which version of blah I dislike the least.

Mine arrived yesterday. So far seems great. I have it all sized for DS, just need to install it this morning.

ETA: I got the onyx. I need it to last through 2 boys (second kid is due in August), so I didn't want anything light colored. The onyx has kind of a check pattern on the fabric, which is nice.
    Last edited by georgiegirl; 05-16-2013 at 07:37 AM.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    Those of you who have one, what color did you get? Do you like it? I find all the color choices totally blah and can't decide which version of blah I dislike the least.
    Me too :/. I'm most likely getting Onyx. DS1's favorite color is red so I was thinking about that. Most likely 2 other kids will go through the seat too. I wish they had the cow pattern like all our other seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 - 12/25/08
    DS2- 9/17/10
    DD - 12/9/12

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast