Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    My sister recommended Luna lullaby pillow. It has awesome reviews on amazon. I bought one but baby isn't here yet.
    Yes, that's what it is called. It's the best, but not the most expensive.

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boltfam View Post
    My Brest Friend. I HATED my Boppy.
    Exactly.

I originally tried the Boppy, but it didn't work for me. The Boppy was too "poofy" and didn't give me the support I needed. My newborn kept rolling into me and the pillow kept sliding away from me. It was SO FRUSTRATING. Instead, I decided to try the My Brest Friend pillow. Where the Boppy faltered, this pillow shined. It's nice and flat, so that solved the baby rolling problem and also gave me the wrist support I needed. It also wrapped around me and secured with a buckle, so that solved the "runaway" Boppy problem. I loved MBF!

I highly recommend getting a spare cover in case of accidents.
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I had a Boppy for both, but rarely used it as pillow, but more of a prop for the kids once they could hold their heads up better. I didn't use any other kind of prop. while BFing. I really liked it for that purpose esp. so I could put one of them down on the floor to get up quickly and get something. I thought about the My Brest Friend when I had DD2, but knew deep down if I wasn't good about using the Boppy for it's original purpose I wouldn't be good about using a My Brest Friend either.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I'm a lactation consultant student, and generally recommend the My Breast Friend or regular pillows.

I find the Boppy's "sizing" weird--for instance, I'm 175lbs, so not a 'big' girl, but not tiny. I think it's safe to say I'm around the median size of a post-partum woman, and *definitely* built that way (all my weight is in my belly). The pillow was never around me securely, and with the shape, babies tend to roll into the crevise between mom's tummy and the pillow. Their "upgraded" pillow with the strap around it may be nicer for some people, but it still looks small to me...

My Breast Friend has a regular version (that is foam) and a "travel" version (it blows up!). I like that there's some back support to it, but it doesn't really help much. As a pumping mom, I liked that it had a pocket to keep my things in (I used hairbands to make a "pumping bra" from a nursing tank, so I kept those in the pocket when I wasn't pumping, and water bottles in there when I was pumping. It also seemed like a better height than the Boppy.

The nice thing about regular couch/bed pillows is that they are available at most any home you go to... but they're more of a pain when out and about at the mall or such.
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

I used MBF when DD for the first three months. She was tiny at birth and I found it helpful. But she grew pretty fast and somehow I felt MBF didn't work as well anymore and I just use regular couch pillow (the one that is not too soft or plush) and used that for a long time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2