Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Boppy or something else?

Doing a little last minute shopping for the new baby...I have a hand-me-down Boppy, which is what I used with the other two. I remember I always had to wedge another pillow underneath to get the baby to the right height. I was thinking about buying something different and leaving the Boppy at my mom's for when we're over there visiting. So what's better: My Brest Friend? I'm also interested in the Dr. Brown's Gia Nursing Pillow and it looks like Boppy has a different version more similar to the My Brest Friend. Anyone have and like these?
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

None of the above. My LC had me use couch pillows, which actually made it much easier to nurse DD when she was ittybitty and everybody wanted to see her because I didn't have to lug the Boppy everywhere.

When she barfed on it last spring, I actually threw it out. (I know, I know, wasteful.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I also find couch pillows to be the easiest - not giant ones though, just your average sized square pillow.

I loved My Brest Friend pillow when both DDs were little, but it became less useful as they became squigglier. DD2 is 8 1/2 months old now and we use it once in a while, but it's easier to just put her on my lap and nurse her without it.

I have the Boppy but after a few days of use, I sent DH out to buy My Brest Friend. I love that pillow! Even DH liked it when he would bottle feed DS.
    Proud mom to one & only DS born 4/12
    Expecting someone new in April 2016

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My Brest Friend. I HATED my Boppy.

Quote Originally Posted by boltfam View Post
    My Brest Friend. I HATED my Boppy.
    This is far better than the boppy or my brest friend because it is super soft to the touch but still supportive. Better yet, you can use it for tummy time support as well. http://www.pumpstation.com/pumpstati...B&dept_id=3030

My sister recommended Luna lullaby pillow. It has awesome reviews on amazon. I bought one but baby isn't here yet.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Tea4two is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I have a boppy, Gia, and my Brest Friend. The Gia was good after my c-section as it works well for the football hold. DD is 4 months now and I mainly use My Brest Friend. I put a small pillow underneath to keep DD up at an angle (reflux) and to make it easier to feed her.
    DS 1/2010
    And new addition DD 1/2013

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I used the MBF with #1 and absolutely no pillow with #2! Maybe wait and see how it goes?

for Sandy Hook

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast