Default Boulevard RF installation tether question

Hi! I installed my new Boulevard in our 1992 Volvo yesterday. It's in the middle seat. I couldn't get a tight enough install with just the lap belt, so I tethered to a steel bar that runs along the base of the back seats. Is this ok? The seat now doesn't move an inch.
    One DS, three strollers! Uppababy G-luxe, a Volo at Grandma's, Inglesina Trip at Auntie's (& pining for a Snap I don't need). Adjusting to car travel in his new Britax Boulevard.

Never mind! I did a search for people installing in older Volvo models and discovered I can tether to the base of the front seats (near the floor). I now have a nice, tight install and am loving my Boulevard and old school car!
    One DS, three strollers! Uppababy G-luxe, a Volo at Grandma's, Inglesina Trip at Auntie's (& pining for a Snap I don't need). Adjusting to car travel in his new Britax Boulevard.

jjordan is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just to make sure, the installation should be tight (at the belt path) before you attach the top tether. Movement at the top of the seat (before you top tether) is totally normal. But you can't use the top tether to make a loose installation acceptable, if that makes sense.

Glad you like your seat!

Quote Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
    Just to make sure, the installation should be tight (at the belt path) before you attach the top tether. Movement at the top of the seat (before you top tether) is totally normal. But you can't use the top tether to make a loose installation acceptable, if that makes sense.

Glad you like your seat!
    Hi, thanks so much for the advice. Yeah, the installation was tight at the belt path, but I didn't like how much the top of the seat would move when I pushed it from side to side. With the top tether, it doesn't budge.

Yup, sounds good. As long as the belt path was tight, and the movement you stopped was at the head, it's fine. Congrats on your new seat!
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#