Thread: Car seat help.

Default Car seat help.

Looking into buying a second car seat. Right now we have a britax frontier which is great in my husbands dodge journey but will be huge in a smaller car. Is there something compareable that might be smaller? Still looking to keep him in the 5 point harness.
    Renee
    (mommom to Noah my beautiful Ethiopian miracle. born 6/26/08 forever a family 4/20/09)

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Lots of good choices - how big is he?

i'm guessing here but around 42 inches and 40ish pounds..he's almost 5
    Renee
    (mommom to Noah my beautiful Ethiopian miracle. born 6/26/08 forever a family 4/20/09)

Do you already have a smaller car picked out? Or are you just speculating it won't fit?
    In any case, if it doesn't fit (and the only problem we've ever had with a Frontier is that there does seem to be a little less leg room for the child, their knees are a little closer to the front seatback, but otherwise install and comfort and space are fine), then an Evenflo Secure Kid and Graco Nautilus have shorter seat pans and might work a little better
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

I"m getting a dodge dart. We did install it to take the car for a testdrive and everything was fine it just seemed really wide so I was thinking about maybe something that wasn't so big.
    Renee

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We had a 2001 Corolla until last month. We had a Frontier 80 in there with no problems. There isn't much in that combo harnessed seat market that doesn't take up a lot of room. Congrats on your new car purchase
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Ah, cool. Well, wide, yeah, that's probably just how it looks, it is something that wouldn't bug ya too much once you get used to it. Secure Kid really still is a lower-profile seat that you might like in there, or Maestro for really low profile, or Radian for practically not-there, or Safety 1st Go for the coolest ride in town (that was my DH's favorite seat in his smallish backseat, ever, it's not so hot for kids who nap in the car, though, kind of lacking head support for sleeping).
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Thanks for the suggestions..might look into the maestro since it is a good deal cheaper then buying a second frontier. Might encourage my husband to buy a second seat and not play the switching between vehicles game.
    Renee