Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yup being gluten free and also taking cod liver oil can help
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

GF did not improve mine at all and it worsened with both pregnancies. Allergist says he believes there is a connection with some sort of immuno response, (which would make sense for some people seeing success with GF and not others). I find getting some sun to the affected areas helps (which makes sense that Vitamin D helps and I am D deficient. There is a lot of evidence for this...many who really suffer from it find tanning beds work well...but would you trade KP for skin cancer?). I also use Gold Bond Healing cleansing cream in the shower and I apply Hope in a Jar to face and upper arms daily. This has improved both redness and texture to some extent but not completely gone. (I have it on my face, arms, upper legs and tush).
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

AmLactin
    Cerave SA
    KP Duty
    Retinoid

(In that order, in terms of success.) It is genetic, and there is no "Cure". Both DH and I have it, I manage it great with exfolliation and AmLactin , DH's is bad because he won't put lotion on.

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

There is research showing it is due to a Vitamin A deficiency - hence my cod liver oil recommendation. I recommend Green Pastures brand.
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

joules is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have it on my upper arms. Years ago I saw a "recipe" posted on a KP message board. They referred to it as "Brynn's Mom's Formula". It's a mix of Carmol 20 and salicylic acid. I got the salicylic acid in a powder form off the internet. Brynn's mom had her pharmacist mix everything for her. Basically you want 3% salicylic acid concentration (by weight, not volume). DH is a chemist and double checked the measurements I found online. It turned out to be 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon of salicylic acid per tube of Carmol 20.

I used it before my wedding and it helped a lot. It didn't clear it up completely, but there was a noticeable difference. I put it on my arms after showering everyday, let it sit for a few minutes and then exfoliate with a damp loofa thing. After it clears up I think you can start using it 2 to 3 times a week instead of everyday.

I might try the GF thing to see if that works.
    DS1 - 03/10
    DS2 - 02/12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2