flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Back of seat protector for rear facing

Do those seat protectors work if I hang them on the back seat for a rear facing kid? I am looking at them online and all the pictures show it hanging on the back of the front seat. Are there ones specifically for rear facing or will any of them work? Thanks! My DD gets muddy and sometimes it's a pain to be putting shoes on and off all the time.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I used a basic front-facing one and tucked it down between the car seat and the car's seat...the car seat install was tight enough to hold it there for the most part, although I often had to retuck. It worked well enough, although it certainly wasn't perfect.

I thought about using a towel, but I couldn't figure out how to attach it to the headrest. If you're crafty (I'm not), take a dish towel and sew a ribbon in an upside-down u-shape at the top to create a "bib" that hangs over the headrest. This is assuming your back seat has headrests.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    I used a basic front-facing one and tucked it down between the car seat and the car's seat...the car seat install was tight enough to hold it there for the most part, although I often had to retuck.
    DD1 03/2011
    DD2 06/2013

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thank you!
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

blue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

If you have captains chairs, then a t-shirt pulled down over the headrest and seat back works really well. I install the seat first, then pull the t-shirt over. It is nice because it is easy to wash and protects a large area of the seat back.
    DS1
    DS2
    DD1

I have a couple of inexpensive towels that I put over the seat (one for each kiddo's seat). I put 2 holes in it so that the posts of headrest hold it in place - I make sure that it doesn't interfere with the headrest locking mechanism.
    --------
    DS - Adopted by loving parents 1995
    DS1 7/2009 ('Stachio)
    DS2 9/2011 (Peanut)