Well, we are holding DS2's birthday in a couple of weeks and after seeing this BP I just looked at DS2's class list. There are 2 "classes" at the PreK, I don't think DS2 has much interaction with the other class, but I went through both class lists with him and he told me who he wanted to invite and I highlighted the names (including a couple from the class he is not in). I thought there were several from his class, and many from the other class, that he did not invite, so felt like that was OK. We just started at the school in January and I don't know a lot of the kids. Your BP made me realize today that there is only ONE child from his own class, "E", that he did not invite. I did not want other kids talking about the party in front of this boy (although, we had several people decline and I'm not sure they even told their DC about the party, if there was a conflict). So, today I sent the the invite out to "E's" Mom and she accepted right away.

Of course after school today I "remind" DS, as if it's been the case all along, that everyone in his class is invited to the party. He says (without me even mentioning E) "Well, I don't want E invited." So now I don't know if I did the wrong thing or the right thing. I told DS he cannot invite everyone to a party except one person, but he told me to "uninvite E". I certainly am not going to do that. DS would not tell me why he doesn't want him there.

Not that that's the case with your son, but, I hope I did the right thing. Maybe there is something recently that happened at school between your DS and the other boy? Boys can be so uncommunicative about things. My boys rarely mention any details about happenings at school.