MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Help me pick new car seats!

I had a car mishap a few days ago and insurance told us we need to get new seats (covered by them). I'm not going to argue, I'll take new seats! So, we had 2 Blvd's (my kids) and a Maestro (spare for carpooling). I'm thinking we'll just replace the Masetro with another one because it's our travel seat and pretty easy to carry on airplanes. Is there a better travel option these days?

DS1 (4.5yo, 40lbs) was in his Blvd which will expire next year anyway. We have a Frontier 70 in DH's truck. Should I get the new Frontier 90?

DS2 (12mo, 23 lbs) was also in a Blvd, but I'm not in love with this seat. We got it during the free ride event, so I'm not going to complain but I don't know that it's my first choice for replacement. I liked the older versions better. So what are your recs for him? We RF as long as we can. I just turned DS about 8 months ago.

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Neither of my DC are as old as your DS1 so I will leave that to someone more experienced but the Frontier 90 does look super cool.

I have a Chicco Nextfit and my 37.5" DS1 has lots of legroom in it, he will be 3 in July. We really like the seat. It is super easy to install and the fabric is really nice. He gets unbelievably sweaty in the Cowmoo Britax fabric. We also got a Boulevard from the Registry Rewards program and I don't like it either. We have a Foonf too. Good choice as well, but honestly I like my NextFit more than the Foonf. The anextFit feels like it should be the more expensive of the two seats. They have the same amount of legroom in our vehicles. We also have a Radian. It's a good choice too. I had a problems with the Graco Size4Me/My Size/Headwise model of seats that I had. We couldn't get the harnesses to tighten. Of all of those convertibles the NextFit is by far my favorite.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

Love my new frontier 90. I say definitely get that one for your older child.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

meggie t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Another one for the Frontier 90! DS, who just turned 3, loves it. We got the Zebra fabric, which I think is nice.