Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreTheFocus View Post
    If need be...maybe we can start one!
    Good idea!

for Sandy Hook

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'd LOVE to find one. What are some names/key words they might be listed under?

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    I'd LOVE to find one. What are some names/key words they might be listed under?
    ours is called "Kids Stuff ~ Sell~Swap~Give-town1,town2,town3,town4"

i know they have another site for generic (non-kid) items like furniture etc but i'm not on there..almost all the stuff i want to stuff is kid related!

you could try posting in your facebook feed if any local ppl are on such a site
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 05-27-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I think I burned my bridges in our local group. I posted some items for sale and someone immediately responded that she wanted them and said to hold them. Then she came back and offered less than asking price (what?) and then another person linked to a sale on the item that was cheaper than my asking price. The entire thing left a bad taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I think I burned my bridges in our local group. I posted some items for sale and someone immediately responded that she wanted them and said to hold them. Then she came back and offered less than asking price (what?) and then another person linked to a sale on the item that was cheaper than my asking price. The entire thing left a bad taste in my mouth.
    wow, that stinks. i've sold over 50 items through our site i've never had to deal with someone trying to haggle at the last minute (it's not really possible bc most of the time i don't even interact with the person, they just pick up and leave $$ by the door). i've had one or two people change their mind after saying they're coming by, which is annoying, but that's it..i just sold it to the next person who wanted it.

i would honestly hope those people who do things like that would eventually get kicked off the site. our rule is 3 no-shows and you're off.

I love ours too! We have 2, one is our area and Shop n Swap, the other one is our area Online Yard Sale.

Melaine- I can't believe that they posted the link on your posting, that's so rude! A lot of times people counter offer for $5/10 lower but I usually price a little higher then what I'll accept. I'm sorry it left a bad taste in your mouth.
    DD1- 5/2008
    DD2- 3/2012
    Expecting a Boy July 2014!

ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We also have a great one. Ours is called Children's Items in Town name.

ok i figured i'd update,i've actually joined a couple more FB sites.

If you are looking for one, try searching for (<Town name> - Online Garage Sale)...there seem to be a bunch around here with that name (or "Online Yard Sale"). i also just found one that is for our housing development area! People often cross-post things on several sites to increase chances of selling. I've also just joined one that is "High End Children's items" or something...basically things like UppaBaby, Bugaboo, Hanna, Mini Boden etc.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 06-03-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2