Talking Which Graco PNP? Changing pad question!

I am so confused about which Graco PNP to get! I was thinking that the chagning pads that can pivot or flip away are an important feature over one that has to removed. As I understand it from reading the safety instructions, you are not supposed to leave the changing pad on when they are in the PNP and that seems like it would be a huge pain in the middle of the night!

I like the idea of the changing pad flipping or pivoting away, but...there are only a few Gracos that have this feature (from what I could find--Graco Modern, Graco Day2Night, which doesn't have a diaper storage spot, and the Minnie Mouse version of the cuddle cove only...and I am having a boy)! Ther other cuddle cove styles seem to only have a changing pad that does not move away without being manually removed.
    Kind of leaves me thinking of going with the Graco Modern...although not a huge fan of the colors.

I have also read a few mixed reviews about these types of changing pads sloping and babies slanting to one side but not sure how true that really is for younger infants. I am thinking that once he gets bigger, I would do a lot of the changing in the actual bassinet and it wouldn't be that important if the changing pad slants only with bigger kids.

Since I am a FTM, I have no idea if this feature is really all that important, I am just thinking it does not make sense to have to take the changer on and off all the time.

Would love to hear thoughts about your use of the changer and if you think it is important to have one that can stay attached and pivot/flip away! So confused, thanks!!!

Any other thoughts on any other features used or not used on the PNP?

In have a graco PNP that is 7+ years old, but has a changing "table" that flips away. Yes, it does slope a bit, but it didn't seem to bother DD. I used it all of the time. I even had DD sleep in the bassinet without flipping the changing part away. I would guess they want it out of the way so the baby doesn't pull him/herself up on it. But DD only used the bassinet as a newborn, so no risk of pulling up. The one I have is like this one. http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Pack-Sil...co+pack+n+play
    Last edited by georgiegirl; 05-26-2013 at 07:31 AM.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

wallawala is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We had one with a changing pad that you remove. It was quick pop on and off. I'd buy the one you like best or other reasons. I had 99% babies, so they out grew the changing pad feature much more quickly than the rest of the PnP. So for us the other features were more important, but YMMV. We used it as our primary crib in our room for months, but did have a dedicated changing station in the nursery room. We lived in a tiny place, though so easy even at 3am to change a diaper in another room.

My ' must have' feature of our PnP was having the extra sleeper insert-I think it was called a newborn mapper? Keeps your DC at an angle to sleep which was a lifesaver for us. Now there is the rock n play, that serves the same need. I think several other BBBers have posted about that recently.

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The PnP we used had a Newborn Napper on one side and a changing pad on the other, like this: http://www.gracobaby.com/Products/Pa....xyeGm01p.dpbs

It was awesome. DD slept on one side and we changed her diaper on the other. FWIW, ours had an additional component that would vibrate & play music, but we never used those features. DD slept in the newborn napper WONDERFULLY. We had it set up in our bedroom and she slept in it for 12 weeks, then we moved her to her crib in her room.

Another tip: she loved being swaddled. We used the popular aden & anais blankets and love them! (If you can afford it, definitely spring for the larger "boutique" version which is 47" square.) Also, as a FTM, if it hasn't been mentioned before, I highly recommend watching Happiest Baby on the Block! We rented a copy from our local library for free!

ETA: "Happiest Baby" will teach you how to swaddle, if you don't know how!
    Last edited by jam224; 05-27-2013 at 12:27 PM.
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We had the two smallest ones they made. One had he removable changing pad, and the other one didn't. We left the bare bones one at daycare, and kept the other one at our house.

On the Go PnP

Graco PnP w/changer

We bought ours in 2006 so our patterns were different, but be careful because there are a few different PnP sizes and some of them are quite large. There was no newborn napper insert in 2006.

Another option instead of the newborn napper is a Fisher Price Rock n Play Sleeper
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 05-29-2013 at 11:30 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)