♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default (update #4) QUICK - American Girl Bitty Twins double Stroller question

so one popped up on our local FB swap/sell site for $20.I know the retail is $70, so it seems like a good deal. Looks like in good condition.

Should i go for it? i would love feedback from anyone who has one or has used/seen one IRL. i would go for it, but there are a few things:

1) i gave dd for christmas last year a Circo/Target umbrella double stroller (was $20 new) to use with her Bitty Twins (bitty twins were present from MIL for her 1st birthday). anyway, IMO this stroller is kind of a piece of junk...the wheels don't really turn well so when dd pushes it, it just scoots across the floor, IYKWIM. it got some use by her but not that much. i wonder if this other thing will be much better, and thus dd would use it more? if i got this other AG one, i'd donate this current one.

2) dh thinks i'ts just another thing to take up space and clutter the house. but unlike ds's things it's not like it takes up 1/3 the room and has a billion pieces (ahem Thomas ahem).

anyway, woudl love any thoughts..need to decide within next couple hours or so (several people in line after me are wanting it).
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 05-27-2013 at 09:06 PM.

We have a PBK one and its still one of most played with items, it's quickly becoming DD2's favorite toy. A good quality one is worth it, IMHO. My girls climb on it, sit in, etc and its going strong 4 years later.
    DD1- 5/2008
    DD2- 3/2012
    Expecting a Boy July 2014!

My dd loved hers and played with it for years. I'd jump on it!

Ann

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DD got that stroller for her 3rd bday and it is still going strong almost 2 years later. She loves anything baby doll related and it was a big hit from day one. It is pretty big so we use it outside (she has a Chicco one that she keeps inside), but she loves it and it gets tons of play. It is sturdy enough to go on real walks with us around the neighborhood. $20 is great- I would go for it if your DD is into baby dolls.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks everyone!!

i decided to pass on it, as another mom seemed to really want it more...plus DH wasn't too keen on having yet another thing in the house...it seems like it is pretty big and it just wouldn't get as much play if it was outside (our front yard is pretty sloped and usually a car is in the driveway, so not easy for young kids to play). also, DD is still fairly young (just 2) and is not really "into" playing with baby dolls yet. MIL got her the American Girl Bitty Twins wagon for her birthday a couple months ago, yet she didn't really use it to lug around the dolls...DD mostly tried to sit (or stand) in it herself (despite us highly discouraging her from it), and then a few weeks ago she managed to break the little door off. Now DS mostly uses it to haul his trains around.

So, i don't know. i think part of it is that i sometimes want to live vicariously thru DD i always wanted baby dolls as a kid and all accessories but never really had them, and now the stuff they have especially AG is just too stinkin' cute despite the crazy prices.

Anyway, i am gonna wait till she's a little older and no longer Destructo-Girl (LOL)..definitely putting this on her wishlist for next birthday (if MIL doesn't already buy it for her for Christmas, lol)

thanks everyone!!
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 05-27-2013 at 09:07 PM.