SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default How to diet with a friend?

We both want to lose about 10-15lbs and thought if we did it together, that support would be good. I don't think either of us interested in joining an official group (like Weight Watchers) nor making it a competition (like Diet Bet). I have no idea how to proceed.

My inclination is low carb but not low fat (not South Beach, right?). I'm looking for sustainable too. I considered Whole 30 but it just isn't for me. I admire all of you who do it though! I liked that it was pretty simple; once you rule out so many foods, there isn't a lot left to choose from.

I saw a bunch of low carb books at the library. SHould we just pick some, write down sample menus and eat those? Then check in with each other regularly?

We belong to the same gym so I plan to drag her to more classes. Working out isn't a problem for me. I go regularly and do some good stuff there.

I could get her on My Fitness Pal but I'd prefer something else or in addition to.

Thanks!

I don't know details, but my friend loved doing the "game on" diet with her friend. It's some kind of competitive diet where you score points based on how well u follow the diet.
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14