Default Evenflo SureRide DLX 65

Does anyone have this carseat? http://www.target.com/p/evenflo-sure...lot=medium_1_5

I was shocked when I was walking through Target the other day and discovered how light this seat is! Only 11 lbs! We are moving to the Middle East in a few months and will be living in a compound where we have drivers that take us everywhere, so once we move I will not be able to leave a carseat installed in a car. I will have to carry it to the car and install it every time we go somewhere. We will also be traveling internationally 3-4 times a year, so I think having a lighter weight seat that is easy to carry around will be really important.

I'm thinking of buying this to replace our Britax Blvd 70CS, which is only a year old. I hate dealing with the LATCH belts because they are nearly impossible to loosen, which makes installing a PITA. It looked like it would be a LOT easier to loosen the LATCH on the Evenflo. Otherwise, I like the seat. I'm just afraid that because it's almost twice the weight and also difficult to install I will be frustrated with it on a regular basis.

The Evenflo does not have no-rethread harness adjustors, but that's the only negative I can see. Any safety issues with the Evenflo that I'm not considering?

TIA for any input!

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We do as a travel seat. It was a joy to travel with since it was so light.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

I just purchased one to use as a travel seat. I haven't seen it yet since I had it shipped to my parents house.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

It's a great seat for the price! Very light as you mentioned, and also a tall shell to allow for a long time RF & FF. We have one for 3.5 yo DS, he can still RF in it. Oh, and easy install as well. So no complaints here, I think it would be good for your needs!

You probably want to read this thread from car-seat.org.

I personally wouldn't buy this particular seat right now if I was traveling overseas and couldn't be reached for a replacement or recall fix, but please read the thread for yourself as you may feel I'm being alarmist. (In short, some people are having problems with the harness coming off the splitter plate when the seat is forward-facing.)

Are you planning to use the seat rear-facing or forward-facing? If you plan to make use of the seat rear-facing I don't think you need to be concerned about this issue and hopefully they will have it fixed before you need to turn your kiddo around. Just make sure you stay alert for a recall. If you are using the seat forward-facing I would probably pick the Evenflo Maestro instead until this issue is resolved.

Yikes! Thanks for the link Multimama. I still really want this seat because it's significantly lighter than any other seat I've ever seen. I do plan to use it RF for as long as possible, DD is 19 months and 24#, so hopefully I can RF her for a couple more years. Since it's a corporate relocation we do have a mail forwarding service so I think they should be able to reach me in the event of a recall. I'll be watching that thread you linked to see if they come up with a resolution!

Quote Originally Posted by KonzaPrairie View Post
    I still really want this seat because it's significantly lighter than any other seat I've ever seen. I do plan to use it RF for as long as possible, DD is 19 months and 24#, so hopefully I can RF her for a couple more years. Since it's a corporate relocation we do have a mail forwarding service so I think they should be able to reach me in the event of a recall. I'll be watching that thread you linked to see if they come up with a resolution!
    That sounds like it will work for you then. The only other issue I can think of is that if you want to install with a seatbelt (because the car is too old for LATCH or you want to install in the center, which is the safest position and usually doesn't have LATCH) you may find you need to use a locking clip with the Sureride because most non-American cars don't have pre-crash locking systems for their belts. Your Britax would be easier because it has built-in lock offs.