gatorsmom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Can we ge a sticky for kids books?

Since it's summer and I'm trying to keep my kids reading instead of turning on the TV, I keep doing searches here for previous threads recommending kids books. It's hard doing a search for kids book threads because the main search words bring up lots of random things. Could we do a sticky thread, maybe just for the summer, of good reads for kids?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

There is one at the top of the KidFun forum. It hasn't been updated in a while - I'll add a few things to it, and maybe once it's bumped others will post.
    Last edited by missym; 06-06-2013 at 06:56 AM.
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by missym View Post
    There is one at the top of the KidFun forum. It hasn't been updated in a while - I'll add a few things to it, and maybe once it's bumped others will post.
    I think the biggest issue with the stickied one was that the forum used to "yell" at you when you tried to bump or add to it because it was a fairly old thread.

Thanks for re-opening it, though. I have learned about so many authors I never would have heard of while browsing new book threads and I'm always happy to share my favorites with everyone else.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I just added some summer reading lists, favorite lists, and awards lists from reputable sites. Hopefully, others will add more
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

I just wanted to say thank you to the OP for suggesting the sticky and to the mods for compiling it! It's a wonderful resource!