Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Awesome!

I just joined to support it! I want my DD to know that she can be anything she wants when she grows up!

ETa I just posted in on FB and tagged all my female engineer friends.
    Last edited by edurnemk; 06-07-2013 at 12:57 PM.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Love the paleontologist one! 4 yr. old DD2 is sooo into dinosaurs right now and wants to be a paleontologist when she grows up

My DH was huge into Legos as a kid (and still is, I gave him a large set from Pirates of the Caribbean for Christmas and he built it that day). He has all his old Legos and the girls love to pick out any girl mini-figs and play with them, or have daddy build them castles so they can use the girl characters in the castles. They would love to have the chance to get more girl mini-figs.

s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boogiemomz View Post
    Awesome! I just joined to support and shared on FB. Hope to see these in stores!

My girls will hunt down sets just because they have female figures. They'd snatch these in a heartbeat!
    Jen

emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

very cool. none of our DCs are into Legos yet but I would so buy these! Very cool.

Supported!

Less than a 1000 votes to go!

Takes less than a minute to register and then it' a simple click of the Support button.

Go out there and vote!
    DD 06
    DD 09/08

Quote Originally Posted by anonomom View Post
    This is super cool, and finally put my finger on why the Lego Friends line bugs me. I love the idea of working more female minifigures into the "regular" Lego lines in a matter-of-fact way, because that's the way the world is. As adorable as some of the Friends sets are, I don't like that they're presented in such a way as to signal that they're different, special, and not for boys. They just reinforce gender segregation in toys.

Anyway, I joined that site just to support this project. I'd buy all of these sets for my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    Yes, i totally agree! I can't say how much it bothers the heck out of me that at TRU, the kitchen/dolls signs are all pink with the girly toys, and the science kits, trains, are all blue with "boys" stuff. Shaking my head here.
    Yes, this! Both of these! Has it kept me from buying Friends sets? No, because DD loves them and she's still building with them. But I hate the expectation that girls are only going to like the "pink & purple" ones, as if they aren't capable of enjoying science, trains, and typical jobs that make the world work. We buy both kinds & DD plays with them both.
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I want that paleontologist! Bring it!

I don't get why that judge couldn't be a woman. Or the welder for that matter. Flashdance, anyone?

for Sandy Hook

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine873 View Post

Yes, this! Both of these! Has it kept me from buying Friends sets? No, because DD loves them and she's still building with them. But I hate the expectation that girls are only going to like the "pink & purple" ones, as if they aren't capable of enjoying science, trains, and typical jobs that make the world work. We buy both kinds & DD plays with them both.
    I don't think there is any expectation that girls can't enjoy science, trains, etc.

What is true is that most Lego sets are NOT built in the way most girls like to play -- to roleplay typical day to day activities.

Friends sets are houses, high schools, shops. With lots of accessories to play with.

The girls, by and large, were not finding the regular LEgos appealing enough to buy. We can shout all the time "Girls can play with Legos too" But if they won't buy it -- what's the point?

Friends is being bought. In some places, Lego is having trouble keeping up with demand. (The Advent calendar last year was cannibalized for parts to be able to keep regular Lego Friends sets on the shelves. Thus why it was so unavailable). So there was pent up demand for a different type of sets. The other Lego is still out there for every girl wanting to buy it. But for those who prefer a different type of set -- a different type of set is now available
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by stillplayswithbarbies View Post
    ooh i love it!! so awesome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast