Nechums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Is Boba worth a try?

So, the Beco carrier I've been using for 3 kids since DS1 was 6 months was just stolen. Yup, that's right. Off of my front porch. I was just going to buy the exact same one, but figured maybe something better has come out since I made the purchase 4 years ago. Was thinking of trying the Boba. Any thoughts on the Boba for a very petite mom?

Thanks!
    Proud mom to
    DS1, Sept 2008
    DS2, Apr 2011
    DD, Oct 2012

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Not sure which Beco you had but I just got their new Soleil and I absolutely adore it. I had the Butterfly II and Gemini before and loved them both too, but the Soleil is even better. I haven't tried a Boba so no help there. Hopefully someone chimes in with their experience. Just wanted to share that if you decide to go with another Beco definitely check out the Soleil.

And sorry someone stole your carrier right off your front porch. What a jerk.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

Quote Originally Posted by kaharris83 View Post
    Not sure which Beco you had but I just got their new Soleil and I absolutely adore it. I had the Butterfly II and Gemini before and loved them both too, but the Soleil is even better. I haven't tried a Boba so no help there. Hopefully someone chimes in with their experience. Just wanted to share that if you decide to go with another Beco definitely check out the Soleil.

And sorry someone stole your carrier right off your front porch. What a jerk.
    Do you mind sharing what you like better about the Soleil? And would it be a good choice for a petite mom?

Never even heard of the soleil! You think it's better than the butterfly?
    Proud mom to
    DS1, Sept 2008
    DS2, Apr 2011
    DD, Oct 2012

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm a petite mom and I love my Boba! I'm five foot nothing. I use it on occasion with my 2 year old. I haven't weighed her in a couple of months, but she's at least 25 lbs. Very comfortable to carry her in the front or back. No complaints!

Sorry to hear yours got stolen!
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love my Soleil better than the Butterfly II, yes. I loved my Gemini for the itty bitty stage and didn't get the Soleil until DS2 was 6 months so I didn't get the infant insert so no experience with it with itty bitties. But for older babes the Soleil is awesome. I also have an Ergo Performance so I'm comparing it to that too. It has a higher back than the Gemini and Ergo so for older, taller kids it offers good support. I didn't compare it to the Butterfly before I sold it but I like that the Soleil doesn't have that inner panel. It has more adjustability and I couldn't for the life of me figure out hiw to nurse in my other carriers but have no problem with the Soleil. The padded leg area for the baby seems so much more comfortable and the pocket on the waistband is great for holding credit cards, etc. It also has a keyring on the waistband. You can get a separate bag that snaps to the carrier to hold diapers, change of clothes, etc. It is super comfy and you can wear it with the straps crossed or backpack style. My little guy started giggling right when I put him in it the first time and gets excited when he sees me putting it on. I highly recommend it.

ETA I did put my 35lb nearly 3yo in the Soleil and it worked well for him too. I was comfortable wearing him.
    Last edited by kaharris83; 06-16-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

I LOVE MY BOBA!!!
    I tried at least a dozen different carrier before finally found the BOBA.
    I used with DS since about 2 months old because it has an "infant" setting that you can convert to.
    It felt more secure than most other carriers I tried, but it will ultimately depends on your preference.

Go to the store and try on different ones and see how you feel.
    DS born 1/20/13
    DD due 11/3/15

I ordered both the Soleil and the Boba 3G. Seems like the Boba is a better fit for me, but it's so hard to make that call in one day without having worn each extensively.

I hope I make the right decision. If not, I guess I won't really know what I'm missing anyway.
    Proud mom to
    DS1, Sept 2008
    DS2, Apr 2011
    DD, Oct 2012

Default How did it go?

Quote Originally Posted by Nechums View Post
    I ordered both the Soleil and the Boba 3G. Seems like the Boba is a better fit for me, but it's so hard to make that call in one day without having worn each extensively.

I hope I make the right decision. If not, I guess I won't really know what I'm missing anyway.
    I'm around 5'2" and was trying to figure out the best carrier...I think I. Down to the boba and the soleil...have you tried them yet? What's the verdict on comfort?

Tried both of them. I'm going with the Boba. The Soleils waist belt was very stiff and I just couldn't get a comfortable fit.
    Proud mom to
    DS1, Sept 2008
    DS2, Apr 2011
    DD, Oct 2012