Default The only thing worse than a telemarketer...

...is a telemarketer who calls five minutes into a very-much-needed pregnancy-exhaution-induced nap. From a number that's local so you think it could be important (the school? the doctor's office? someone following up on the instrument you dropped off for repair?) so you answer. And then it turns out to be someone who clearly doesn't live in this country offering you a security system on behalf of a company you've never heard of or done business with - who then proceeds to argue with you when you say a) you're not interested, and b) you're not going to divulge details about whatever security system you already may or may not have to a random stranger over the phone. (Really? Do people answer that question??)

She's really lucky I only hung up on her instead of telling her how I *really* felt. Especially because now my window of napping opportunity between feeding DD2 lunch and parking her in front of a DVD, and waiting for DD1's bus has narrowed too much and I'm going to have to spend the rest of the day in crabby zombie mode.

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

I'll never forget when Stachio was about 8-9 mo old he was REALLY crabby one morning because he hadn't slept well (was cutting a tooth, I think). After being up with him most of the night (and being rather crabby myself) I finally got him to lay down and take a nap. A yard service or painting or roofing company that was doing work in the area sent people out door to door in our neighborhood. The poor girl who rang my doorbell, got an earful and according to DH it was scary and went something like this:

"You need to leave. RIGHT.NOW. because you woke my baby when you rang the doorbell!! - Though he swears I turned into the red hulk when I was saying it....
    --------
    DS - Adopted by loving parents 1995
    DS1 7/2009 ('Stachio)
    DS2 9/2011 (Peanut)

Quote Originally Posted by BabbyO View Post
    Though he swears I turned into the red hulk when I was saying it....
    Hulk mad. Hulk smash!

I actually did scream at a telemarketer once, when DD2 was tiny and it was New Year's Eve morning - like, 6 AM New Year's Eve morning, which that year was a Saturday. I don't even remember what he was calling for except that it was to ask for money for some scammy-sounding charity and it was 6 AM on a holiday morning and the phone ringing at that hour gave me that lovely "ohmigod somebody's dead" adrenaline surge, and the dogs started barking (I don't even know why, it was the phone, not the doorbell), and the baby started wailing, and DD1 came running down the hall because the dogs scared her and I was very, very unkind when I told him exactly where he could shove his charity. I also suggested that his parentage might be in question and that he might want to go do some anatomically impossible things to himself.

Honest, I'm not normally mean to the telemarketers, I realize that they're just doing their job. It's just when they wake me up and scare me...

(DH was very impressed that I was able to think on my feet in my half-asleep state and not divulge whether or not we already had a security system.)

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

Oh, that's cruel. The pregnancy exhaustion nap is one of the deepest sleeps ever. If you can get a good one you can totally pass out. So sorry.