Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HonoluluMom View Post
    DD likes Color Wonder. When she got into coloring, she started doing both Color Wonder and regular coloring pages.
    Same with my DS. Older DD/DS didn't like them because of the delay but as soon as my youngest started showing interest in coloring we had him use them and he likes them.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ours like them OK but they totally don't replace regular markers for all the reasons PP have mentioned. Plus they are expensive. We never buy them but Grandma does sometimes...as they got older they enjoyed Color Wonder for the purposes of "discovering" the hidden stuff (things like little stars, swirls, etc appear with solid coloring) but when it comes to just drawing and creating, they can never give up their regular markers. We do buy the washable markers, and the rule is that markers must stay on the art table. We've had that rule since the girls were toddlers...but every kid is different so not sure how well that would work with your kids

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I threw them all out when we moved. Some of the sets come on glittery paper (awful) and others come with some glittery pens that you are supposed to use after you color. My DD always wanted to use them first and once you use those on the paper, the pens no longer show up. This caused some frustration. She's much happier drawing on plain paper.

My DD loves them, and gets a new book pretty much every month. She loves the mystery of watching the color appear.
    My sons on the other hand didn't like the color delay, as mention here.

Sent from my iPad
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We must be some of the only ones that loved the color wonder markers. We particularly loved the finger paints and the large sheets of paper that came with the color wonder brushes. I'd lay the paper on the floor and let the kids go to town.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

DD1 likes them, but didn't like them until she was 4 and understood that it took some time for them to work. A 2-3 yr. old might bet frustrated with them. I think they are great for the car.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

kbud is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My kids didn't like them because of the delay.

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have a bunch of sets I've picked up on sale for travel. I often see them at Kohls. My kids are mixed on them. They seem to have a short attention span, but they don't color for hours with regular pens either.

Just this weekend I bought the lap desk sets described above. I was trying to get stuff to use in the car and got sucked in at Target. Probably not worth what I spent on them.

I'd suggest picking up a pack or two of the small travel sets on sale to see how your kids do with them.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

DD likes them.
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DD played with them non stop for about 3 years. They were a huge hit here, I could not keep buying the coloring books fast enough for her. She still brings them out and plays with. I love them.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast