Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My girls loved them when they were younger (and still do enjoy the fairy/princess themed ones). They like the paint brush ones, but those got ruined pretty quickly (little kids jamming them down too hard on the paper and fraying the ends) and now use the markers. They aren't for long term coloring, we used crayons when younger, and now washable markers, only at the kitchen table. They can play for hours with some construction paper, stickers, and markers. They would try to do the same w/ the Color Wonder books, but would go through an entire book in one sitting and they are too pricey for that! So I would let them pick 2 or 3 pages to do at a time, then if they still wanted to color we'd move on to other materials. They are nice when you can't sit with them and fully supervise little ones (I'd let them use them while I was cooking, cleaning, etc.) and if you can find them on sale.

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I got a Color Wonder set for almost-2 y.o. DGD2 for my family's recent visit. The drawing delays PP mentioned didn't bother her, but the cow-shaped marker was VERY big for her little hands and looked uncomfortable. Also, DGD2 has precociously good fine motor skills and is as good as her big sister at holding a pencil or crayon. She tried to hold the marker at an angle, like you would a pencil, and it's not designed for that so the edge of the marker scraped the paper. (On the other hand, 9-y.o. DGD1 had fun drawing elaborate designs for her little sister.)

It was worth the 49 cents I paid at the Best Buy sale, but glad I didn't pay more. Don't think I'll buy again (unless BB has another sale...)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I didn't notice a delay in the color showing up, but it's been almost 5 years since I last bought Color Wonder stuff. (It was kind of a one-time deal with kids I wasn't allowed to set limits for but wanted to entertain in a fun way. ColorWonder saved me cleaning & re-painting my living room walls.)

However, I wouldn't buy it again because it's expensive for what you get! I bought a package of markers & a pad of blank paper at Target. If you REALLY want it, wait for it to go on sale and buy the blank paper.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

DD1 has them and loves them. We let her use them when we are traveling and don't want to get marker on the plane/hotel etc.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DS likes them. We really only use them for travel, and I always get them on clearance because they are pricey!

I love having them on the plane or in a hotel - he doesn't use markers inappropriately but he does drop them sometimes and it's great that they don't mark up his clothes when we don't have easy access to laundry facilities.
    DS age 9

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3