Thread: Ergo Stowaway

meljc is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default Ergo Stowaway

Has anyone use the Ergo Stowaway? We have an Original Ergo and a Pikkolo, but looking for something more compact (but still supportive and comfortable) for 20mo 25lb DS. Potential for multi-hour use when traveling. How does comfort compare to the Original Ergo? Is it much more compact to pack? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Looks to me like the Ergo's answer to the Boba Air, honestly.

Its prime selling point seems to be its packability, but I don't know if that's enough to sell me on it over the regular Ergo, KWIM?
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Looks to me like the Ergo's answer to the Boba Air, honestly.

Its prime selling point seems to be its packability, but I don't know if that's enough to sell me on it over the regular Ergo, KWIM?
    That's the information I gleaned from the web. Have you seen one in person?

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No; this thread was actually the first I heard of it, but I have had reviews of the Boba Air.

The general consensus among the members of my babywearing group is that it's OK for quick up-and-down, but they wouldn't rely on it as a primary carrier.

Also, the Boba's nylon is a tight weave and can get hot & sweaty, which is the opposite of what most folks look at the Air for.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by meljc View Post
    Has anyone use the Ergo Stowaway? We have an Original Ergo and a Pikkolo, but looking for something more compact (but still supportive and comfortable) for 20mo 25lb DS. Potential for multi-hour use when traveling. How does comfort compare to the Original Ergo? Is it much more compact to pack? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!
    If you're looking for a better way to carry/store your carrier, have you thought about getting a stuff sack? That's what I have for my Boba and I love it! Keeps it contained in a pouch and gives me a handle to carry/hang it: http://store.bobafamily.com/boba-carrier-stuff-sack
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    No; this thread was actually the first I heard of it, but I have had reviews of the Boba Air.

The general consensus among the members of my babywearing group is that it's OK for quick up-and-down, but they wouldn't rely on it as a primary carrier.

Also, the Boba's nylon is a tight weave and can get hot & sweaty, which is the opposite of what most folks look at the Air for.
    I have already ruled out the Boba Air, as it seems insufficient for longer use. I am interested in the Stowaway because it retains the padded waist and shoulder straps.

Quote Originally Posted by jam224 View Post
    If you're looking for a better way to carry/store your carrier, have you thought about getting a stuff sack? That's what I have for my Boba and I love it! Keeps it contained in a pouch and gives me a handle to carry/hang it: http://store.bobafamily.com/boba-carrier-stuff-sack
    That's a great idea!!! I actually have a few sizes of stuff sacks at home so maybe I'll try that. I had been using a webbing strap from my camping days but it was sort of a pain and I'm pretty sure DH lost it when we came back from our last trip.

In the meantime, before I saw your reply I *might* have ordered the Stowaway and Urban Chic from diapers.com (15% off running currently) to try out.

Just wanted to post back in case others find this thread... I ordered the Ergo Stowaway, Ergo Urban Chic and Boba 3G (since it is supposed to pack down well). I was able to compare these to our Ergo Classic and Pikkolo though I didn't get around to taking pictures sadly. The Stowaway is a huge winner! I would totally recommend it to a new parent who is considering any of the other Ergos. DH likes that the material is more breathable, I like that the waistband is more flexible and doesn't dig in as much, and we both love how compact it is for travel.

Ffr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk