Default Dear Pet Store and Your Goliath Bird Eater Tarantula...

My (albeit super-sensitive) 6 year old is still awake at 10:30pm because she caught the slightest glimpse of your gigantic spider eating a mouse While I really appreciate you guys for being the most responsible, reputable pet store I've ever come across, could you consider posting a warning sign at tarantula feeding time or something?

P.S. - I know you trained the sugar glider to make those big goo goo eyes at me so I'll have to talk myself out of buying him and his $500 set-up every time I go in there. Don't deny it.
    Catherine

Mom to:
    DD#1 3/07
    DD#2 10/08

and "Bonus Mom" to:
    DSD
    DSS#1
    DSS #2

Ugh, even as a biologist I agree. We took DD to a place in town where they have wildlife that can't be released for various reasons. We walked back into the raptor area and there were piles of dead chicks on the ground of the enclosures. Couldn't they close the gate if they're going to put fuzzy dead baby chickens in the cages? I don't want to explain that to my sensitive three year old.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I used to work in a zoo doing behind the scened tours. The Worst Day Ever was when I was doing a tour of the kitchens with the world's SWEETEST brownie troop and some idiot snake wrangler was in the back room thumping mice when we walked in. As in, grabbing a live critter by the tail and thwacking it's little head on the table to kill it before feeding it to the reptiles. I was SOOOO pi$$ed because I had booked that time, he just didn't bother to check the schedule. A-HOLE.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10