Default We are moving, not just me

DH assumes that I am going to take care of everything regarding our move. He feels that his part ended after filling out the applications. I am somehow supposed to oversee the movers, 4 kids, and 3 cats. We have two different homes that have to be cleared out. Our weekend place is 40 minutes away, but someone has to be there to watch the slowest movers in the world pack. Concurrently, someone needs to be in the city taking the kids to preschool, school, sports, and end of the year parties. Oh wait! That's me. I suppose that I will split myself in half. The icing on the cake - the movers told me to get out of the house for the 3 days that they are going to pack my stuff up here in the city. OK, where in the world am I supposed to go? I have no idea what we are going to do for the 5 weeks our stuff is on its way. DH says he has to work and I need to figure it all out. Please let it be August already.

Wow. I don't think his crap would make the move...

Good luck. Moving is so stressful!

fedoragirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I hate to say this but BTDT. I handled every single aspect of our move to Germany. DH grandly announced that we would move. I picked the date, the movers, the price, the items that must go...all while chasing one toddler while being 5 months pregnant. And DH is still not appreciative of all that work.
    Moving is SO stressful. But the good side of this, yes....there is one....you get to decide what goes and what stays. You get to prioritize your time and do what you can.
    Wishing you the best.
    3 year old DD
    2 year old DS

hmmmm, where to go for 3 days and then 5 weeks?? Why the nicest hotel/resort with baby sitting services that you can find of course!!!! And, oh, that old collection of his? Oops, sorry, it didn't make the move.....
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    hmmmm, where to go for 3 days and then 5 weeks?? Why the nicest hotel/resort with baby sitting services that you can find of course!!!! And, oh, that old collection of his? Oops, sorry, it didn't make the move.....
    Yup. There is no way I would 'rough' it in your shoes. We move every few years and DH mysteriously 'HAS" to be at work on moving day "just for an hour". Never.Fails. I've gotten so used to it I think I'd probably decide he's just in the way if he stayed home all day at this point! Anyway, we go into a hotel starting the first night the movers come, and stay in a hotel or short term apartment rental until our stuff arrives. I gave up 'roughing it' when we had kids.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

My heart goes out to you. I thought I had it bad trying to make room in our house for our baby, while DH spends all his time at work or on the computer. He did move heavy furniture this week, and he did get rid of an old piece of furniture of his Mom's that neither of us like, but I had to play the bossy wife for that to happen.

In your shoes, I definitely would make sure that things of his that should have disappeared years ago would somehow get missed by the movers!
    Also, try to think of this as a compliment that he is paying you. YOU are the SuperWife who can do anything, so he depends on YOU to make things happen. You must be good at it, or he would not have given you carte blanche to make this happen.
    Happy Healthy and Handsome DS 8/13