lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default doesn't want anything she used to love - phase, right?

DD (11 months) was a bit late to take to solids, but when she took off...she really took off

she has been consistently loving all kinds of cooked veggies, beans, meats, yogurt and egg. she's been eh on fruit unless in puree form

up until recently

in the last 4/5 days, she's been refusing anything other than cut up fruit and occasionally chicken

won't eat egg, won't eat any other meat, veggies or beans

just fruit, yogurt and cheerios

i'm getting frustrated and concerned b/c she's not taking in any protein other than the occasional chicken and the yogurt (we do full fat greek)

but this is likely just a phase...right? i need some reassurance that this is probably a phase b/c i'm not sure what else to do.

thx

ETA: she's only nursing about five times a day. i can't get her to nurse more than that
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

That's pretty much how it is with kids in general. They love something one day and then they won't eat it a week later (especially if you just stocked up.)
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Exactly how it was/is with DD. It seems to rotate daily/weekly/monthly. Something she couldn't get enough of last month is suddenly terrible this month and she won't eat it at all. My DD's current favorites actually match very well with yours....yogurt, fruit, and cheerios! Oh, and cheese. This child would live on dairy if we'd let her. I worry about the protein too....we've had pretty good luck sneaking egg, mashed up beans, or very shredded chicken into yogurt on exceedingly picky weeks.
    Lizi

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    That's pretty much how it is with kids in general. They love something one day and then they won't eat it a week later (especially if you just stocked up.)