Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Report cards not available!!!

Ugh. Our town does online report cards. They were supposed to be available on last day of school at 3pm, and include next year's teacher's name - a huge deal.

It's 5:15. Report cards are not available due to a glitch in the system. Everyone has left for the weekend. Nice.

So freakin' annoying.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

ABO Mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Wow! We don't get to learn who the next teacher will be until the weekend before school starts!

Quote Originally Posted by ABO Mama View Post
    Wow! We don't get to learn who the next teacher will be until the weekend before school starts!
    Yah, they used to give out teacher and class list. This year they stopped class list.

So the parents made a Google Doc for each grade and everyone is filling in their kids and teachers. My kids are transfixed watching it update and finding out who's in their class, LOL!

And, the glitch is fixed!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That stinks. We don't get teachers names until late August. They don't want parents stewing over bad teacher or bad kids and giving the school a hard time with change requests (which they don't honor anyway) and you always get kids moving in/out of district all summer long so the lists change frequently.

Hope you get access soon!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Our school posts the teacher/class lists the day before school starts for many reasons, like not wanting to deal with change requests and budget issues (add classes or making classes bigger).
    Melissa

Mom to Emma (4/03), Kate (7/05), Sam and Claire (6/09)

Honestly, it is surprising they release this info so early. In the past they have had to change class placement in the summer and people have been upset. I think that's why they stopped putting in the whole class list.

Access is fixed and all the parents are now creating their own class lists thanks to Google Docs, LOL!!

Oh, and DDs did well on their report cards.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You are so lucky you find out so early. We don't find out until the first day of school at our elementary school.

Glad they fixed the glitch. We get class lists mailed in the beginning of July. We get the whole grade list so I know who's in each class for my kids' grade. The teacher also sends a letter to the kids over the summer and there's an open house several days before school starts for the kids to visit the classroom.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tondi G View Post
    You are so lucky you find out so early. We don't find out until the first day of school at our elementary school.
    This is how it is at my school too. Heck, as a teacher we get a tentative class list the day before school starts, and not an official list until the morning of the first day. There are always kids who never show up and new kids arrive, so really until the second week of school nothing is set in stone.