♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default extreme bloating??

for the past four or five days i've had major abdominal bloating with on and off stomach pain. my stomach area feels swollen. i look 6 months pregnant..i cannot even wear ANY of my pants, it is that bad. one morning i was out running and i felt nauseous which is scary as-hell feeling bc i am never nauseous (lol).

at first i thought i ate something bad, but i can't imagine it lasting this long.

dh jokes that i could be preg, but i know i'm not. this is nothing like feeling preg or even when i have my period..it feels more of a digestive issue, if that makes sense.

this is seemingly out of the blue. i already eat gluten-free diet. not on any new meds (in fact i'm tapering down from lexapro).

if it continues i am going to see a Dr on Mon or tues but just wondering what i can do in the meantime to reduce the bloating and pain so i can actually wear something other than pajama pants

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have major bloating half my cycle (last half) so I actually have two sets of clothes due to this Drink lots of water as that is supposed to help.

I had a terrible case last month after i started eating muesli every morning - it was even worse than my usual! You are gluten free so you're probably okay, but have you changed your diet recently in any way?
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

wendibird22 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Could you have been exposed to any gluten dining out?

I have luck with phazyme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.