chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Santa's Village vs. Storyland

The past few years when vacationing in NH we've gone to Storyland. Every once in a while we think about going to Santa's Village instead.

Has anyone been to both? Other than theme, is there a big difference between the two parks? If so, what are the differences?

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We did both parks last year. I don't think there is a huge difference but we did enjoy the Christmas theming. Overall, we felt the park was a bit nicer. They are only about 45 min from each other, so not a bad drive. If you haven't gone, I say try it!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

We've only gone to Storyland. My in-laws keep telling me Santa's Village is better for bigger kids as there is more to do for the. But, having just gone to Cedar Point, I don't think it's going to matter to DS1 at all. They also say they enjoy the Christmas theme and walking around at Santa's Village.
    Kris

mom3boys is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I grew up in NH and went to both as a kid. It has been a long time since I went to either, but I believe Santa's Village was a bit bigger with more rides, and yes, you get to see Santa in the summer. I think we only went to Storyland once as always preferred Santa's Village.
    M, Mom to 3 handsome boys, '06, '08, '11

Do you think 4 and 2.5 is too young for Santa's Village? I looked at both and it looks like Story Land is more age appropriate, but Santa's Village is closer...

Quote Originally Posted by vtmom View Post
    Do you think 4 and 2.5 is too young for Santa's Village? I looked at both and it looks like Story Land is more age appropriate, but Santa's Village is closer...
    Storyland is definitely better for younger kids than Santa's Village. Everything is just a bit smaller (the roller coaster is smaller scale, the ferris wheel at Storyland is much smaller with closed little cars like gondolas, where at Santa's Village it is a traditional large ferris wheel with the open seats that would be hard to have a young child on, etc.). There are still things your kids would like at Santa's Village, but there would be much more for them to enjoy at Storyland. I'd say Storyland is ideal for ages 2-8, while Santa's Village is better for ages 5-12. There are things similar at the two parks though and both are very clean and family friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mom Magic View Post
    Storyland is definitely better for younger kids than Santa's Village. Everything is just a bit smaller (the roller coaster is smaller scale, the ferris wheel at Storyland is much smaller with closed little cars like gondolas, where at Santa's Village it is a traditional large ferris wheel with the open seats that would be hard to have a young child on, etc.). There are still things your kids would like at Santa's Village, but there would be much more for them to enjoy at Storyland. I'd say Storyland is ideal for ages 2-8, while Santa's Village is better for ages 5-12. There are things similar at the two parks though and both are very clean and family friendly.
    Thanks!

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Those are the perfect ages for Storyland. I think my kids enjoyed the fairy tale themes as much as the rides.... the Three Bears House, the silly talking trees, and especially Cinderella's castle.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

I believe that Santa's Village has a larger water play area, too...