Default Is this how bunk beds are usually stacked?!

So we bought a bunk bed used for our toddler and my husband finally finished putting them back together, and reinforcing the slats beneath the mattresses, etc. The beds are not stacked yet, just put together side by side at the moment. I admit I never had bunk beds and never saw how they were supposed to be assembled, so I was rather shocked when he told me that the top bunk sits only on the posts of the bottom bunk, with what looks like one wooden rod on each corner holding the beds together. I think my heart skipped a beat honestly. Is that the way the top and bottom bunks on these things are usually held together?? I couldn't believe there wasn't more screws or something to be used to stabilize it. Just wanted to check b/c I know I'll be having nightmares about the top bed collapsing on him if I don't get some confirmation that this is normal. Thanks!!

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I do not know about kids' bunk beds, but that was how the wooden bunks in my college dorms were stacked.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Yes, I have seen bunk beds with that type of set up before.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Yes, I have seen bunk beds with that type of set up before.
    Awesome! Thanks for your responses. I know I'm sure I'm just being paranoid here. My mind was starting to think up all sort of scenarios in which the furniture would be bumped or shifted, etc.

You can go to your local hardware store (like HD or Lowes) and find a double sided screw/bolt that is the same diameter as the wooden dowel. That would make me feel a tad safer...esp with BOYS or rough & tumble children.
    Muffin, 2010
    Bubba, 2013

"You've probably heard the expression 'I believe in God, just not organized religion.' I don't think people would say that if the church truly lived like we are called to live. The expression would change to 'I can't deny what the church does, but I don't believe in their God.' At least then they'd address their rejection of God rather than use the church as a scapegoat." Francis Chan

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    I do not know about kids' bunk beds, but that was how the wooden bunks in my college dorms were stacked.
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    Lizi