Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Cool i'm becoming obsessed with Mini-Boden! anybody else?

especially for my DS (3.5). I guess i just like how they have so many cute yet stylish clothing for BOYS... without making it look like they are miniature-men on a golf outing or something (e.g. Janie & Jack). I mean, i want to get something cute but something that's comfortable and that they can actually PLAY in (and my DS is a stereotypical boy, getting into dirt, etc). i started off really into Hanna but then once my son outgrew the "baby" line (with all the monkeys, etc) i found myself almost exclusively shopping there for my DD, except for when they happened to have a train tee or something. Also, I found a lot of the tshirts were a bit boxy and tended to run wide and rather short, which is the opposite of what i need for my DS.

anyway, just wondering what your favorite MB pieces so far are, esp if you have boys. i am really liking the applique tees and the striped baggies..my son seems to love the baggies as they seem pretty comfy and arent always falling off.

also, i just bought this hoodie for my DS..saw it in Nordstrom on sale for $26.xx! love the green color, though it seems rather summery and i'm wondering if it wil be okay for use in Nov/Dec. We're in Texas and it just doesn't get cold here to need even long sleeves until MAYBE September. we are visiting my parents in SF area though in late July..i'm hoping to use it then
    http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Boys-1...Hoody.html?m=3
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 07-05-2013 at 03:01 PM.

chiisai is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I love boden, too. And I also went from Hanna to Boden, ha.

I try to buy gently used sets off of ebay and from the boden site during end of year sales. For DS, I like to have a shaggy lined hoody for the fall. For pants, he likes the lined cargos (they feel nice to him, and they're good for the winter here). I also like the carpenters. The jersey baggies are great for summer. I get shirts only if it's a set on ebay, and they've held up really well.

That hoodie is really cute!!!
    Deal-hunting mom to a 2006 and a 2010

fedoragirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We are gradually moving from Hanna to Boden too. I love the quality of clothes and also like that most of their clothes fit my tall and skinny kid. I will probably always buy underwear, hoodies, and leggings (maybe PDs) from Hanna but other than that, we love Boden.
    3 year old DD
    2 year old DS

smilequeen is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My younger two wear a lot of Boden. Love it! The pattern bottoms and appliqué tops are my favorites. The shaggy hoodies are awesome fall jackets, maybe winter in a warmer area. I get a little of everything.

Next has some really cute younger boy stuff. Up to size 6. Lower price point. Also British.
    Last edited by smilequeen; 07-05-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love Boden, too! I used to buy more Hanna, but now I mostly buy pjs from Hanna. I love the applique tees and the striped baggies. The tartan flannel cargo pants are also great.

I bought that hoodie in the orange color for only $20.40 when Boden had a super great stacking sale a few months ago. I've been obsessed with Boden since DS1 was 1 years old though I loved the baby lines from the past more so than the last couple baby lines. Love the baggies for DS for the summer and the year round appliqué tops. I also love the winter flannel tartan baggies but I think DS is getting too old to wear them out in public. My fav pants for him are definitely the lined cargos.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

I was until they changes the material on the skorts I liked. Got real thin.

I'd like another hoodie for DD to use for first grade so I'm on the lookout in Nordstrom sobi can feel the fabric before I buy. Otherwise I'll stick with hanna.
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love their elastic waisted cargos for DS. I liked their cargo shorts last year, but they didn't sell navy this year I also like the appliquéd tees and the knitted baby dresses. I'm officially hopeless.

We're big MB fans here too! I used to be crazy about Hanna but as DS got older and as their quality tanked I really became jaded about them. Because we have no Gymbo in my province I have to order from the US so that really offsets their great sales, making spendier foreign brands like Boden or Pumpkin Patch seem to be in a similar cost category.

This year DS' wardrobe is mostly MB and Next, with some LE and other odds and ends here and there. Our faves - his and mine - are the applique tees, the board and techno shorts, the flannel plaid cargoes, the zip through hoodies - especially the fleece one, and the towelling hoody. We're on year 2 or 3 of all of those, but the total volume of MB has increased each year. And I will readily admit, it's certainly more tempting to add something for DS here and there and optimize that already-paid-for-shipping as I build up my work wardrobe - which is also mostly Boden! I went nuts on their most recent buy 3 add a 4th for a pound offer. I am a Boden (sale) stalker and I admit it
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love MB. The quality is SO nice. I have not had a single quality issue and have had a lot of stuff from there. I much prefer it over mall brands that disintegrate.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast