Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by fedoragirl View Post
    We are gradually moving from Hanna to Boden too. I love the quality of clothes and also like that most of their clothes fit my tall and skinny kid. I will probably always buy underwear, hoodies, and leggings (maybe PDs) from Hanna but other than that, we love Boden.
    this sounds similar to me. DS is VERY tall (esp long-torsoed) and also super-skinny. he is at least 40" tall yet can wear 24 mo size shorts (they are usually on the short side though). most pants (gymbo, etc) just fall right off him. i bought 4 pairs of boden baggies in 3-4 and i was shocked at how well they fit him. i mean, thye are long and have room to grow, but the elastic is tight enough that they are comfy but at the same time they aren't constantly falling off him.

and yeah, i will probably alwyas be a HA Playdress addict..i have over 20 PDs now just for my 2yo DD! . i also only buy the HA underwear and almost all the PJs we buy are Hanna.

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    My younger two wear a lot of Boden. Love it! The pattern bottoms and appliqué tops are my favorites. The shaggy hoodies are awesome fall jackets, maybe winter in a warmer area. I get a little of everything.

Next has some really cute younger boy stuff. Up to size 6. Lower price point. Also British.
    yes, i love the shaggy hoodies..as a baby DS got one as a gift and it was sooo nice and warm, i wanted one for myself! we're in TX so it totally suffices for a winter jacket even in the coldest months.

Quote Originally Posted by MontrealMum View Post
    And I will readily admit, it's certainly more tempting to add something for DS here and there and optimize that already-paid-for-shipping as I build up my work wardrobe - which is also mostly Boden! I went nuts on their most recent buy 3 add a 4th for a pound offer. I am a Boden (sale) stalker and I admit it
    lol i was thinking about this when checking out the EOS sale. there was one thing i wanted to buy for dd, but i didn't want to pay $10 shipping for a $14 item. i was checking out a lot of stuff for me that i could use to work. i have a full cart now but i'm waiting for free ship code.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I've been buying Boden since 2008, I think. I have two words for you: stacking sales. Keep your ear to the ground and when they have stacking sales, BUY! I find I buy very little in the spring/summer (for which I love Hanna, esp as a mom of girls) but the Fall is dangerous. I love it all and there are some must-haves for the kids (DD1 loves the heart-patch jeans and slouchy sweats) and even more for ME! Boden is really pricey without a great sale though.
    Last edited by citymama; 07-11-2013 at 02:22 PM.

for Sandy Hook

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I like Boden but still love Hanna more. This fall there's quite a few items I would love to get from Boden. But I find unless there's a glitch in the code and you can stack, the prices remain considerably high for Boden. I find I can get HA items cheaper than Boden. I find HA colors are more brighter than Boden and I dislike Boden appliques. I find they look old, thread coming out and the appliques are rolling in after couple of washes.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

MB is great for boys. Hanna is too cutesy and runs small IME. Unfortunately, as my boys get older, they like MB less. They don't think their stuff is soft and comfy enough.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Love MB but mostly their shirts for my guy since their pants are too big for him. And their dresses and tights are awesome but most stuff is too big for my narrow and skinny girl. I love Tea for her because of that. I only really like some HA shirts for my guy and of course their pjs for both kids
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I loved a lot of the Baby Boden stuff I got for DD2. The only things my girls have right now are night gowns. I keep thinking I am going to get some more Mini Boden for them, but just never get around to it. I have ordered a few dresses for DD1 but they aren't all that great looking on her, they look like sacks or just very unrefined or kind of cheap cotton and they have been unlined for the over $30 price.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I'm still a huge HA fan. When did their quality change? I've had really good luck.

queenmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love Boden for both kids, opposite genders, 12 years apart! I don't own anything Boden for myself.

I agree that the dresses can be sort of sack-ish, but my girl is still a baby so it isn't a big deal yet.

DS doesn't have as much Boden and he's sort of outgrown that look, but he has a few things that still work.
    Mama to Henry (6/2000) and Agnes (4/2012)
    old school member of the BBB

I buy a lot more Hanna when they are younger because I love all the organic items for baby and all the adorable baby stuff Hanna has to offer. I prefer the Hanna best ever baby fleece jackets over Boden's shaggy hoodies when they are toddlers (up to around 3 years old) in the wintertime since they are so cute and snugly. They can only wear it for so long too before outgrowing the baby line.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

cairo06 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I love MB for my DS and I have just as much fun dressing him as I did my DD. He loves the zip-off pants, flannel tartan pants, shaggy hoodies and anything with stars. Sadly, I think some of our favorites are starting to be too young looking for him. I also highly recommend Frugi. We are just about sizing out of that brand, but I finally placed an order during their sale a few weeks ago. I bought the shark zip-off pants, baggies, and some T-shirts. I'm very impressed by the softness and thickness of the cotton. I haven't run across such well made clothes in a long time.
    Cristina

DD 2004
    DS 2007

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast