Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    We get a lot of comments and it does bug me when people say my kids are so "good" because they come across as very compliant but we have a lot of other issues as a result.
    Oh, my YES!!! My DD's are always described as so "good" and "quiet" and "well-behaved". These people don't have shy kids and don't understand the challenges that come with that. Yes, it's nice to be out in public with kids who don't run around non-stop because they are too shy/cautious to do so. But it's NOT so nice when every daycare class transition results in months of crying. It's not so nice to sit on a park bench or a couch at a birthday party trying to hold back tears because everyone else's kids are having the time of their lives and my kids won't experience it because they are too timid. It's not so nice to have a child who can throw 1+ hour tantrums at home (and who, from ages 3-4.5ish, did exactly that, often multiple times a day on the weekends, and practically every weekday evening. It's not so nice to have a kid who screams bloody murder through an entire 5 weeks of daily swim lessons while everyone else's kid stopped crying after 2 weeks. Etc, etc!!! Every kid is HARD WORK in different ways!!
    Last edited by twowhat?; 07-11-2013 at 02:07 PM.

If someone used the phrase "precious princess" I'd hurl.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    If someone used the phrase "precious princess" I'd hurl.
    OMG thank you. This feels like a virtual hug right now

And yes, what everyone said - it feels like people are forgetting there are other things (like the Tasmanian Toddler in between those great naps! )
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

kellij is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Giantbear View Post
    I am torn on this one, when dd naps at school, it takes forever to get her down at night, when she doesn't nap at school, or at home, i get her down much more quickly
    This is exactly the same for us with our DS, who is the same age as your dd. His bday is 3/17/10. What frustrates me the most is that it seems like a short little nap even makes it impossible at night. I usually just try to gut through the fussiness of the end of the day and try for an earlier bed time!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3