Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I'm so crabby today I can't even stand myself.

I feel like all I've done today is snap at the kids.

They're just being normal kids.

But all I want is 10 minutes of quiet. No loud TV or computer games. No bickering. No wrestling, jumping, kicking, bouncing, dancing, screaming. No "Mommmmmmeeeeeeee, she's not sharing!" or "I'm hungreeeeeeeeeee!" whining.

And I know, in my head, that I'm far more irritated with myself for being so crabby than I am with them for being kids. But I want to run away and join the circus. It would be more peaceful than my house is right now...

I feel like I've spent most of summer break so far being this irritable. DH keeps telling me it's because I'm carrying a boy this time and all the extra testosterone is making me irritable. He doesn't seem to realize that when he says that it makes me even more irritable!

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

When we misbehaved, my mother would always remind us that my great-grandmother would threaten to sell you to the Indians.

That would de-fuse the situation long enough for us to giggle and re-set.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Aww that is SO tough. I'm not even pg OR home all day with my kids, but my boys have made me want to change my name after only 2 nights of swimming lessons. There's nothing like trying to get hyper, sandy, wet, hungry, tired kids dinner while you are soaking wet from swimming lessons (I have to be in the water with Peanut) and they are tag teaming with the:

Mommy, mom, MOOMMMM!!!, mama, mom, mommy, muma, mommy, mommy, mom, MOM!, MOOMMMM!!! MOOOMMMMMMMYYYY!

Oh, and DH - telling me that they really want me isn't really helping anything.

I like the idea of saying something silly to diffuse and reset - but I don't know if I'd be able to do it in the moment! Sending you hugs and strength! - Also, be patient with yourself, its ok to irritable sometimes, it happens to all of us!
    --------
    DS - Adopted by loving parents 1995
    DS1 7/2009 ('Stachio)
    DS2 9/2011 (Peanut)

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm so crabby today that I told my DH that I need to go out tonight. By. My. Self. I'm not pregnant. At least I better not be. My life is upside down enough without a wrinkle like that.
    Last edited by swissair81; 07-10-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Yesterday was my day to be crabby, because I'm NOT pregnant. Don't be too hard on yourself and embrace the Pregasaurus. Your girls will not be damaged by you telling them to hush. But it does sound like you should get away for a bit. When DH gets home, can you take a Wal-Mart vacation? Or can you call a neighbor and have them watch the girls while you go for a walk?
    Happy Healthy and Handsome DS 8/13

Quote Originally Posted by Still-in-Shock View Post
    Yesterday was my day to be crabby, because I'm NOT pregnant. Don't be too hard on yourself and embrace the Pregasaurus. Your girls will not be damaged by you telling them to hush. But it does sound like you should get away for a bit. When DH gets home, can you take a Wal-Mart vacation? Or can you call a neighbor and have them watch the girls while you go for a walk?
    I wish. Both girls have soccer...on separate fields, so we each get to take someone to soccer tonight. And tomorrow is an errand-filled day, but then I get to go to work for the evening, so hopefully that will help!

I took the girls to the farmer's market and let them (and me!) get ice cream to eat while there (I never ever do this, we usually buy a take-home sized container for after dinner) and everything seems a little better now. Plus they just disappeared upstairs to count their money because a new American Girl catalog just arrived in the mail.

Oh, dear heavens...DD2 just came downstairs with a fistful of pennies (keep in mind her fist is tiny, because she's only 4) saying "is this enough for a bitty baby?" So. Darn. Cute. (Her birthday is Friday. I bought a Corolle Les Cheries doll to give her. Hopefully that will be good enough?)

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

Quote Originally Posted by BabbyO View Post
    Mommy, mom, MOOMMMM!!!, mama, mom, mommy, muma, mommy, mommy, mom, MOM!, MOOMMMM!!! MOOOMMMMMMMYYYY!
    This. This makes me nuts. I threaten to change my name all the time, and not tell them what my new name is! At least "mama" can't be whined terribly, but they've both switched full time to "mommy" which is very easy to drag into the most annoying nasally whine, and I'm pretty sure DD1 is on the cusp of the sarcastic two syllable (or even worse, three syllable) "mom" complete with the hand on the hip and the teenage eye-roll.

I'm looking forward to hearing that adorable little baby-voiced "mama" from my new little guy.

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

((HUGS)) I have days like this, where I can't stand the sound of my raised voice anymore. I mean, MY voice is getting on MY nerves!
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

DH is a crab-a$$ today and I hope he's not pregnant! Geesh...the day after our anniversary (for which I have put up with him for 22 years) he's a jerk.

I need to remind him NOBODY would put up with his girlie mood swings for this long!
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

queenmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Nooknookmom View Post
    DH is a crab-a$$ today and I hope he's not pregnant! Geesh...the day after our anniversary (for which I have put up with him for 22 years) he's a jerk.

I need to remind him NOBODY would put up with his girlie mood swings for this long!
    Bahahahaha!!!!!!

Sorry the girls are driving you nuts, Sarah. I'm scared of my daughter, truly. She's about a thousand times more -- I'm at a loss... more EVERYTHING!!! -- than her mild mannered brother.
    Mama to Henry (6/2000) and Agnes (4/2012)
    old school member of the BBB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast