Default I don't know whether to cry or scream!

I am so upset. I don't know whether to cry or scream or laugh with hysterics. Thank God for this site to b**ch on. It will definitely save DH from hearing this. LEt me preface and say I recently took over an organization with a partner. Are whole board is pretty new to this. We knew coming in there would be stuff to deal with but I never expected this. The unbelievable prettiness of some of these women is astounding. (not of the board by the way) regular members. I can't figure out if they are so far removed from it that they can't see reality or what. Why is it that everyone wants something for nothing? they want to be handed stuff on a silver platter but don't think they should have to do any work to get there or even do the basics as pay their dues. It is excuse after excuse. IF we don't pay dues how the heck do you think we put programs together? I am astounded by these petty women. The amount of time we have put into this and it is just summer is ridiculous. HEck I should be earning a paycheck for this work! Or at least have my dues paid. But no, if we all took that route there would be no money for anyone to work with. I am seriously kicking myself for being brought into this. People need to think about those who volunteer their time and energy at the leadership level. We don't get paid or have any real incentive to actually do this beyond it is our belief (for many of us) that we need to give back to those who did the same before us.

Ugh! Sigh. thanks for letting me vent.

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09 ,11

That sounds very frustrating! Perhaps a glass of wine?

Catherine

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

or two?
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Oh, so been there. Best of luck and hope you can find some sane minds in the mess.

(((Hugs))) Women on a power trip are never any fun, and when it's for a volunteer organization, it can be SO strange and petty.
    Keep telling yourself that this too shall pass. Good Luck!
    Happy Healthy and Handsome DS 8/13

Mermanaid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

So sorry. Was in an org like that last year and even put up a FB posting about how it wasn't worth it to volunteer! Hang in there ... you are in for the right reasons even in the others aren't.
    Jenn

My loves:
    DD 11/2004
    DS 6/2007