Thread: I Suck!!!!

Default I Suck!!!!

So tomorrow morning I am flying to NYC to spend a mom/daughter weekend with DD, while it is still just us. Pregnancy brain must of been getting to me when i booked everything because not only did I arrange for our ride to the airport to arrive at our house when we are suppose to be landing in NYC, I also bought tickets for the lion king for June 13th instead of July 13th!!!!!!! Now I am out $500 bucks!!! Hopefully I can pick up a pair of tickets tomorrow or saturday because DD will be so disappointed Total mom fail!!!!

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You don't suck, you just have a lot on your plate. Thank goodness you caught this beforehand, you know? And I hope the scalpers are kind!
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Oh nooooooooo! Can you try to get to a TKTS booth in the morning? I know it's a hike, but the one down by South Street Seaport is substantially less crowded than the one in Times Square...
    And other options could be Annie or Mataldia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

You don't suck, but the situation certainly does! I hope you find tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyBee View Post
    You don't suck, but the situation certainly does! I hope you find tickets.
    Ouch on the $500.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

tabegle is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Aww, I'm so sorry! And you do not suck! You are already awesome for a mom/daughter weekend in NYC! That is awesome.

It does stink about the tickets and transportation. Maybe you can call and sympathize with the person on the phone about pregnancy brain..?

good luck and have a great trip!

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Did you maybe buy the tickets with an AMEX? This sounds like something a great credit card company can help you with Hugs! Oh and you don't suck!
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

Oh, that sucks, but YOU do not!!! I did that with the Radio City Christmas Spectacular this past year. I bought for Sunday when I needed Saturday. It took about three hours on the phone, and we did have to sit a few rows farther back, but we were able to change them. That won't work with tickets from June, but you might try Craig's List as well as scalpers. I've done both for the Opera. It's scary, but my tickets have always been valid. Lots of people sell tickets they won't be able to use on CL. I hope it's okay that I mention this even though this is the BP. I just want to send hugs and assure you that all is not lost!

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just looked and there are tickets available on the 13th. I would call the ticket office and explain what you did. They may be very nice about it.

I had tickets to Cirque du Soleil. DH had a great date night planned, and everything went great. Until we got there and the tickets were for YESTERDAY!! The box office was very sweet about exchanging them and we even got the same seats. It's worth a shot calling the box office first, the worst that can happen is they'll say they can't help you.