Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default he left the baby home alone

This is a new low people. From a guy who has hit some pretty significant lows

Today is first day of DS' camp. He was really nervous about going.

H "took the day off," which means he will sit on conf calls all day, running back and forth to his laptop.

Anyway, H took him down to camp - five min from our house. I cleaned up kitchen and put DD up for a nap.

H came back and I had to run out to do a quick errand. I left him on a conference call with the monitor blasting so he couldn't possibly not hear her.

I came back from my errand and the second car was gone.

I started to panic thinking something happened at camp and they had to go get him. Maybe he freaked out and they called and said come right away. Etc, etc.

I come in the door to see if he left a note.

No note. Door unlocked.

(meanwhile, front of house is crawling with guys doing construction project for us)

I still hear the noise machine from the monitor.

NO, not possible, right?

Oh, no. It's possible.

There's DD sitting in her crib. playing with her lovies and babbling.

Three min later he walks in and says, "I f-d up." (he's still on a conf call by the way, in his ear piece)

I wanted to hope that maybe he rushed to camp for something and in his haste, left her sleeping and asked the contractor to keep an eye on the monitor.

But no. He just f-d up.

He "FORGOT" about her. He realized he needed money. So he drove to the ATM - at least 5 min drive in each direction.

Seriously. This just happened in my house.

I'm beyond floored.
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

Wow.

Honestly, I think you have to be careful he never takes her alone in the car. This is how those tragedies occur, a break in routine and the baby is forgotten in a hot car. Luckily she was in her crib, not her car seat.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

wow. what did he say after that? was he upset, was he sorry, was he like 'meh.'?
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

he was sheepish, but defensive, if that makes sense.

Typical of him. He knows he was wrong, so he's ready for me to be mad and he's ready to be mad at me for being mad at him.

good times
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

A horrible mistake. But it's not unthinkable that someone would make it in these circumstances.

Sorry you were put in such a scary and maddening situation.

KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Wow, I'm so sorry that happened. I absolutely agree with TwinFoxes, he should not ever be allowed to take her alone in the car. Very, very scary.

XH used to think nothing of leaving DS alone...in the house, in the car (with the keys inside and running...unlocked), etc.

One of the MANY reasons he's my XH...
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14

Clarity is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Wow. Just wow. That's not a mistake, that's child endangerment.
    Is he still going to therapy? This needs to be discussed there, I think. I'm sorry you're dealing with this on top of everything else.
    big girl 6/06
    little girl 9/08

"I'm not stupid; I just don't stop to proofread." (PRM?)

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Wow. I am so glad nothing bad happened but seriously he got defensive? There is nothing about this situation that he shouldn't be completely sorry about.
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Wow. Just wow. That's not a mistake, that's child endangerment.
    Is he still going to therapy? This needs to be discussed there, I think. I'm sorry you're dealing with this on top of everything else.
    i'm just shocked and saddened for you. and his attitude about it afterwards..WTH?

i don't know, given your history...the fact that he was STILL on a conf call and walks in all sheepishly and defensive and not "OMFG, i can't believe i did this, i am so so sorry"....sounds like he is taking you all (his family) for granted. if i had made some big mistakes to hurt my family i'd be putting everything a bit aside for a while (work, etc) to work on them as i would be worried about losing my family. from what you say, he doesn't seem to be realizing this and seems to take you for granted. i hope your therapist can help you guy s work this out.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yeah I think that warrants hanging up from the call. I'm sorry.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast