Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Giantbear is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i am speechless at such reckless behavior on his part. I am becoming more and more convinced that their are some people who just can not be left alone with a child, they are too irresponsible and selfish to provide adequate supervision.
    Proud father of dd 5-30-10

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh gosh I'm sorry. I'd be livid too.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Wow, jease why didn't he just call you to go and get money. Good luck, and
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I can only imagine how you must be feeling. Wow. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Dh is SUPER forgetful. I could see him doing something like this (well not really but in this realm and well possibly). I don't know what to say. I would lose my shi*t. I am so sorry you deserve a break.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Not to add to your worries but should he be driving while on conference calls? That sounds beyond distracting and combining that hazard with his obvious inability to (safely) care for your children while on a conference call why would he also put himself behind the wheel of a car (essentially a loaded weapon) and further gamble with his, your children's, and others safety? He can take his defensive self down to defensive driving lessons (and I dare him to do it while on a conference call)!

Sweetum is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am do sorry this happened and is honestly a constant fear that I would do it. It's horrible how work is these days for everyone and I honestly believe that it can happen to anyone. I know about your current status with your DH but I would urge you to go against your reaction and not be mad at him or at least not show it. He admitted he f-d up. Now let it go snd be happy that you'd child was safe. Did I mention how I hate modern work and work pressures? And next time, make the ground rules that he needs to stay in the room be off the phone and off laptop if he needs to watch DD and I have a feeling he will agree given the happening today. Iof course if you want to gave a next time of him watching at least in the near future.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

OMG. That's not a mistake. Sorry, it's not. It's grounds for ... well, it's grounds for alot of stuff going thru my head right now. ETA --> hillview said she would lose her sh*t, and that could not have been said better for what's going thru my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Wow.

Honestly, I think you have to be careful he never takes her alone in the car. This is how those tragedies occur, a break in routine and the baby is forgotten in a hot car. Luckily she was in her crib, not her car seat.
    This is the first thing I thought of. Please think about this very very seriously.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

I'm so sorry. I agree with the others to never let him take her anywhere in the car alone.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Eek, I agree with pp that I'd lose my $h1+. Horrible mistakes can happen but I'm speechless about his reaction afterwards.

My other reaction was to wonder why the heck he needed cash so badly when he's spending the day at home, especially on the middle of a conference call!? So odd. It isn't like the atm was about to close and he had to rush there.
    Last edited by mikala; 07-15-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast