Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    Eek, I agree with pp that I'd lose my $h1+. Horrible mistakes can happen but I'm speechless about his reaction afterwards.

My other reaction was to wonder why the heck he needed cash so badly when he's spending the day at home, especially on the middle of a conference call!? So odd.

TBH, i was thinking that too. like PP said, why didn't he just text you that he needed money and have you pick it up on the way back from your errand.

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    TBH, i was thinking that too. like PP said, why didn't he just text you that he needed money and have you pick it up on the way back from your errand.
    that's what i was wondering too....i know my DH would have texted me to pick up money since we pass our bank daily whenever we run errands, driving to/from work. im sorry it happened to you....huuugs
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Giantbear is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I'm so sorry. I agree with the others to never let him take her anywhere in the car alone.
    Proud father of dd 5-30-10

I honestly don't know what I would do in your situation. That is inexcusable. I am so sorry, you are dealing with a lot.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Is there any chance he meant to leave her at home and just thought "oh, I can run to the ATM quickly"?
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

Giantbear is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lmh2402 View Post
    he was sheepish, but defensive, if that makes sense.

..... so he's ready for me to be mad and he's ready to be mad at me for being mad at him.

good times
    I have been there and it sucks. Their defense for what they did is to find a reason to turn the tables on you.
    Proud father of dd 5-30-10

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'd totally lose my sh*t, like other PP posted. I'm sorry you're going through this.

ok, if I did not know the backstory on your DH, I could honestly see doing this. In the middle of a call, kid is sleeping, distracted etc. I honestly could even see leaving a sleeping baby alone for 10-15 minutes--like walk the dog around the block. (I know, people will disagree with me)

What I cannot see is--1. He couldn't wait to go to the ATM????? 2. He did this drive etc while on a conference call???? 3. He forgets the baby and then is not appropriately sorry????

And the bottom line is: He does all of this WITH the backstory???--e.g. Dude--time to put your family FIRST. Given this PATTERN of behavior, I would never leave the kids alone with him. That is pathetic. Bring this up in therapy. He needs to be trying harder. And a bit "yeah that" to GB's comment about people being too selfish and irresponsible to care for children.

He really needs to show up for his family right now. I am very sorry--I would say that this does not bode well for the respect of your marriage.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

I'm so sorry. I would imagine this makes you feel even more alone in shouldering the childcare burden.

How are you doing? I mean, until today I guess?

I also wonder why the hell he needed cash in the middle of a conference call. WTF? It's totally frightening to think of the implications. What if he had her in the car? What if he decided he needed lunch? Or to run to the office?

I am so sorry.

Catherine

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast