Thread: Italy ?'s

Default Italy ?'s

DH is turning 40 this fall and I will be in 2 years. We've decided to take trips to celebrate.
    DH has always wanted to go to Italy so that is one of his possibilities. He would like a trip where we can spend time at the ocean, bike, hike and eat. He is interested in going to Pompeii and probably a day in Rome but sightseeing is not a priority as much as just enjoying and experiencing the country. Any suggestions of where to stay? Probably November and with the boys (ages 10 & 7).
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Well, off the top of my head, I would say you concentrate on Rome-Amalfi Coast area. Many people will go to Naples/Pompeii between the two destinations (Rome, AC), and most probably fly in/out of Rome. If, however, your can fly into Naples, that would be great, too. Not sure about biking along the A.C., but everything else will be great (food, ocean, hikes).

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Go to Cinque Terre. I spent 23 hours there right after graduating from college and have been itching to go back. It is a string of 5 villages on the Mediterranean coast, connected by a walking trail (and the train). Amazing views, food, people and just a great place to relax and really experience Italy.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g...Vacations.html
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would agree with flying into Rome, taking the train to Naples, get a car and drive to Amalfi Coast. You can stop at Pompeii on way if you'd like.

Before you do that - make sure at least one of you is comfortable (very very comfortable) driving a stick on a winding, hilly road. Look at pictures. It's breathtaking, but you MUST be able to drive a stick well .

If cost isn't an obstacle, stay at Le Sirenuse in Positano. I also really like the information here - both for lodging and things to do. http://www.karenbrown.com/Destinatio...ls/Italy/8.php. Have fun!