Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Not cool at all. DH makes more than I do and, TBH, I pretty much arrange all childcare, but when I tell him I have a work meeting or trip, he makes himself available. I'm sure your DH can do it too. I bet he figures your parents can always help. We have no back-up - no sitters or relatives nearby so my DH just cannot pull that kind of stunt. Can you sync your calendas with the one kept by his assistant? Maybe she can keep track of that for him?
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    We had something similar happen a couple years ago. DH was supposed to keep the kids home with him in a gap 3 days between school and camp. He forgot and scheduled a business trip. I was busy and flat out REFUSED to find the back up care and deal with the fallout. Made him call around to camps and sitters in the area and find another another plan. Then there was a stack of camp paperwork to deal with and I made him do that too. I threw an unholy fit about why was it always MY job to deal with child care when we BOTH work. He complained it wasn't in his calendar and again my response was NOT MY JOB!!!!!

I have to say he has never done it since.
    Love this! Good for you!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Sorry OP. We generally put my career first, but DH still doesn't take responsibility for organizing child care. It always falls on me. It also falls on me to deal with any dispute or confrontation with daycare (or really anyone, he is uncomfortable with confrontation...I am not) But it gets old really fast. I don't like that I am expected to be the primary bread winner but still be the primary parent sometimes.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2