Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TxCat View Post
    I've been eating watermelon the last couple of weeks. I figured it was high water content and nothing too scary. What am I missing??
    I am wondering this as well!

Good luck TxCat!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sending P&PT!
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

I'm sending P&PTs, too!

TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    At least you don't have to worry about your DH wanting to go to the mall with your mom while you are in the hospital...lol.

I thought about that too. But DH is doing one thing after the other to put himself in the doghouse this week. At this point a 3-day stay in the hospital solo is sounding good!

I googled some of the midwife forums - supposedly coconut water is good for increasing amniotic fluid? I'm going out to get a lot of coconut water today... I feel like mentally, I need another week.
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I thought about that too. But DH is doing one thing after the other to put himself in the doghouse this week. At this point a 3-day stay in the hospital solo is sounding good!

I googled some of the midwife forums - supposedly coconut water is good for increasing amniotic fluid? I'm going out to get a lot of coconut water today... I feel like mentally, I need another week.

Fingers crossed that the baby can stay put. My water broke at 37.5 weeks and I really could have used that extra week. I was finishing up multiple matters at work that I ended up handling while in labor. I had intended for the following week to get myself together. We all need that time. Drink lots and keep off your feet to the extent you can when you are a doctor.

Hopefully the coconut water will help. I'm trying to get as ready as possible because I'd also freak out if baby decided to arrive now (even though im technically full term today.). DH is scheduled to work another 2 weeks. Last night we started talking about contingency plans and he wants me to keep towels in the car.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Nemesia is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

My midwife friend recommended coconut water too. I couldn't find one that I could get down, so she suggested this electrolyte drink: http://www.amazon.com/Emergen-C-8203...ds=electro+mix
    It has a lemon-lime flavor and is much easier for me to drink. I found it at my local health food store near all of the vitamins/supplements.

Best of luck to you!!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hate that feeling. Good luck TxCat. Hope you get everything done that you wanted!

TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Delivery update in OP.
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Good luck!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast