Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Tips/Tricks for getting a better night's sleep?

I'm only 25 weeks and already uncomfortable at night! What are some tips/tricks you use to sleep better?

Here's what I've found. I like using a pillow under my feet. Not my legs, my feet. I lay on my left side and stack two pillows up and rest them. For some reason that takes pressure off my hips (I have curvy hips and a small waist). I also like a pillow under my "bump". This is pregnancy number four for me and I've never invested in a special pillow. If it wasn't my last, I might consider trying a snoogle or other such device but for now I'm hoping I can make my bed comfy enough with pillows! We'll see..

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

With DD1 I just used to big king size pillows and positioned them around me similarly to what you are describing. I always had bad hip pain and bad sleep. With this baby, I bought a full body pillow. I figure I can use it forever. At BBB it was not that expensive especially with a 20% off coupon. It is AMAZING! Once I started using it, hip pain went away. I then also put a pillow behind my back at times. I have a very small bladder so I still don't sleep that well but I have much less pain.

I have a little wedge pillow for under my belly. That's all I use besides my normal bed pillow. It's definitely reduced the back and hip pain I was experiencing a few weeks ago!

No idea how to help the bladder issue, I still have to wake up a couple of times a night.

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

If I exercise and do a lot w/ my little one, I'm toast that night. For the first few hours I'll wake up to pee, but after that, it's 6am and I have no idea how I got there. It's like waking up after taking an Ambien: complete amnesia!

Someone lent me a pg pillow last time, but I'm too chicken to ask to borrow it again. It was nice, but even now I find other pillows around me to make me hot. I have a latex pillow that frankly I'd rather use between my knees than under my head since it's so cooling. That helps me the most--that and sleeping on my back with a pillow wedged under my right hip so I roll slightly to the left but still get the "feeling" of back sleeping.
    Muffin, 2010
    Bubba, 2013

"You've probably heard the expression 'I believe in God, just not organized religion.' I don't think people would say that if the church truly lived like we are called to live. The expression would change to 'I can't deny what the church does, but I don't believe in their God.' At least then they'd address their rejection of God rather than use the church as a scapegoat." Francis Chan

I loved my pregnancy pillow when I was preggo. I also did prenatal yoga once a week and practiced for 20 minutes before bed every night. It really helped me sleep
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Prenatal yoga! Lots of stretching!

Also, do the cat stretch in bed, right before you settle in. Helps get baby off of your bladder.

Nemesia is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I don't have a special pregnancy pillow either. I put my Luna nursing pillow between my knees and have a little toddler pillow under my belly. I have found that to be the best combination. I do think stretching before bed helps too.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

In slept like a rock when I was pregnant with DS1-- never woke up to pee and didn't need any type of pregnancy pillow.

With DS2 I needed a full body pregnancy pillow plus the Boppy pregnancy wedge pillow under my belly (which I loved) to get comfortable. I also had trouble falling asleep at night and the HypnoBabies "Peaceful Sleep Now" cd was a godsend. I listened to it every night when I went to bed and was always asleep by the end of the cd. It also helps you go back to sleep quickly after waking to use the bathroom. Highly recommended!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004G8LUCY
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Also, do the cat stretch in bed, right before you settle in. Helps get baby off of your bladder.

In used to do these every night before bed as well. I think we had to do 50 a day as part of the Bradley and HypnoBabies courses and I always did them in bed! Helps prevent a posterior baby as well.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

At this point (37 weeks) nothing helps. I'm up literally 5-6 times to pee, and I just can't get comfortable and I'm sweating like crazy despite the temp being at 69 and sleeping naked with only a sheet. I do have a body pillow, but it's not really helping anymore.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast