Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I wore the hospital gown too bc things (at least for me) were kind if messy after birth. I also liked the idea of packing less.
    DS1: 3/09
    DS2: 2/11
    DS3: 3/13

Ugh, that monstrous hospital gown looked abyssmal on me. I ditched it as soon as possible. I got a lot of use out of a simple, black Motherhood crossover nursing dress (knee-length). I delivered at 4am, and after my first shower around 9am, I changed into that dress. I wore a sleep nursing bra underneath so it was super easy to nurse. I wish i had left the Boppy at home b/c the hospital pillows were enough to prop DD up. It just got icky & needed washing as soon as I got home.

I did wear the hospital mesh panties (LOVE these things) and their boat-like, nonsticky pads in that early, bleed-like-crazy stage. I had a long, fuschia cardigan (mid-thigh-length) that I wore over the nursing dress in case visitors came (b/c I thought the nursing pads showed through the sleep bra and dress). I wore a LS black maternity T, an ON foldover waist skirt and that cardigan on the way home the next morning. Even though it was a touch over 24 hours, it felt like forever. I hated being woken every 4 hrs for BP, pulse, temp, etc.
    Muffin, 2010
    Bubba, 2013

"You've probably heard the expression 'I believe in God, just not organized religion.' I don't think people would say that if the church truly lived like we are called to live. The expression would change to 'I can't deny what the church does, but I don't believe in their God.' At least then they'd address their rejection of God rather than use the church as a scapegoat." Francis Chan

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I've ended up with unexpectedly long hospital stays. Ds1 I wore the gown + robe mostly. Ds2 and Ds3 I put on my own clothes pretty soon. I liked pants under a long cross over nursing top with a cardigan or open front hooded top for warmth (it was winter). Socks and flip flips were also my good friends.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3