Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nemesia is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default What did you wear/plan to wear in the hospital after baby's birth?

I'm just now starting to think about what to put in my hospital bag. I know I'll want something comfy/breastfeeding friendly to wear in the hospital after the baby is born. Yoga pants with a nursing friendly shirt? Pajamas? Any suggestions?

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I just wore the hospital gown. Less laundry, less to pack, and less to destroy with blood. I was only there 24 hr and really didn't mind the few family members seeing me in a hospital gown.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I was also only in the hospital 24ish hours after delivery and mostly wore the hospital gown. I also brought a robe and wore that over the hospital gown to keep me warm.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wore pjs and yoga pants with nursing tank or other tank.

With DD1, I was in so much pain I just stayed in the hospital gown. With DD2, I felt really good and was there for almost 3 days,so I wore yoga pants and nursing friendly nightgown top. I'd pack dark clothes just so you have them if you want them.
    DD1- 5/2008
    DD2- 3/2012
    Expecting a Boy July 2014!

Just started packing my bag yesterday, and I put in two pairs of yoga pants (one Capri and one regular), a nursing tank, a nursing bra, 2 t-shirts, and a ribbed tank top. Last time, I just stayed a day.

Just looked at the pics from after DS was born, and when the moved me down to the new baby floor, they gave me a nursing friendly knit cotton nightgown to wear. I'm pretty sure I just stuck with that because it was easier to care for down below while not wearing pants.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

With DD1 I wore the hospital gown the whole time - and I had a c/s so I was there for four days. I had so many pictures taken of me holding the baby in that gown and I hate every last one. For DD2 I brought oversized stretchy capri-length pj pants and a t-shirt (which I wore over a nursing bra). Felt much, much better about that! They didn't get messy, but I did wear the hospital gown overnight while I slept, maybe that's why?

This time I have a couple of nursing nightgowns which I've been wearing for a while because they're all that fit over my big ol' belly, and I'll toss whichever one is clean in the bag on my way out the door. (Hopefully the pink one. The lavender is not a good color on me. But it was on sale. And either way, they're both more attractive than those hospital gowns!) I'll add a nursing bra underneath, both to hold pads and for a bit more support.

With DD2 I was only there for 36 hours, and I hope to be out in the same time frame this time, but I definitely felt better all around in my own pjs when I was awake for the day and had visitors.

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

mmommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

With DD1 I just wore the hospital gown and thought nothing of it.
    But with DD2 I threw a stretchy, sleeveless maternity dress from Target into my bag for some reason. It was really comfy, easy to nurse and sleep in, and I felt less like a "patient" in it. Although I'm sure that also had to do with the difference between a c-birth and a VBAC. Yesterday i passed the dress to a neighbor to enjoy.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I wore the hospital gown with a nursing tank under it. I had a robe for when I walked around outside of my room. It was easy, I didn't worry about getting blood on anything, and I was in quite a bit of pain down there, so somehow thinking of wearing pants made it worse. I'm not big on clothes so it doesn't phase me that my early pictures of DD were in an ugly hospital gown....I was in the hospital, after all! I was there about 40 hours, so not terribly long.
    Lizi

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I was there for 5 days. I wore the hospital gown for the first day or two. Then I wore some maternity night gowns that I brought. I went home in capris and a t shirt both times.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast