Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I was there for 5 days. I wore the hospital gown for the first day or two. Then I wore some maternity night gowns that I brought. I went home in capris and a t shirt both times.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

i brought a variety...capri and yoga pants, tanks, t-shirts, robe and a stretchy wrap style maternity dress. (over the course of 3 hospital births) and i was very glad to be out of the gown as soon as possible. the clothes, lots of showers and sitting up helped me to feel more "normal" and, i think for me, that helps me to recover more quickly. (but, i had easy, vaginal births and so not as much to "recover' from).

oh, and some type of slippers or flip flops were a must for me. i did not want to walk around bare foot.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wore a nursing tank and threw on a cardigan or tshirt when I wanted more coverage. I wore dark old Navy foldover skirts on the bottom after the initial crazy bleeding slowed.

i brought yoga pants and a tshirt both times. only in 24 hours both times. I hate hospital gowns and I wanted out as soon as possible. I wore jeans home both times with a tshirt and a hoodie.
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

todzwife is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I was so glad I brought everything I did since I ended up staying for 4 days. I had 2 inexpensive nursing gowns from Walmart a pair if lightweight pj's and a robe that was my life saver!!
    Last edited by todzwife; 07-25-2013 at 04:36 AM.
    Shandelle
    Proud mom to Dallin 10/03 Maddie 1/06 Zoey 4/10 Sadie 7/13

I bought 2 super comfy nightgowns at Macys to bring to the hospital. I have an aversion to hospital gowns. I changed into a nightgown as soon as I was admitted!

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Both of my DC were born in the morning. I wore the hospital gown the rest of that day and night, then showered and changed into a nursing tank and yoga pants the next morning. Went home that afternoon.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

This first time I wore the hospital gown the first day and a half. Then I wore my Gap capris and a maternity tank.

This time I'm bringing two new pjs - one gown, one pants and top, and a comfy jersey robe. This thread inspired me to order some nursing tanks, a jersey dress and a foldover skirt from ON this morning.
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

Nemesia is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Thanks for all of the ideas, ladies!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I wear my pretty jammies. I pick a good color and roomy and I do my hair and make up every day (c-section mom so I'm there for at least a few days!) I know that the hospital should just be all about comfort but *I* feel better when I'm feeling pretty! I really want a new robe this time around. I want this one from Amazon. Bonus that the pattern would seem to deflect any potential stains (sorry for the TMI!, lol)

http://www.amazon.com/Natori-Womens-...ds=natori+robe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast