Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Did anyone get *less* uncomfortable later in pregnancy??

Tell me I should just be grateful, and not worried...

Last week I had the WORST heartburn on the face of the earth - not kidding, I felt like I could breathe fire if I concentrated hard enough. On top of that I had to get up at least 2x-3x a night to pee. I was reluctant to go to bed every night because I knew I'd be miserable all night long.

This week, almost no heartburn - obviously I avoid trigger foods, but I did last week, too - and although I wake up every time I shift position in bed, I've been able to go back to sleep most of the time without getting up to use the bathroom.

I don't think the baby has dropped, and DH doesn't think I'm carrying any lower either.

The baby's still active - though not nearly the kick-fest he had going on for the last few weeks, but I suspect he's just getting too big for all that. (I'm 35 weeks today.) If I sit for a bit and pay attention, I do feel him kick and shift in there, so I'm assuming all is still well. (I hate not knowing for sure. I'm getting to that point where I start to think about all the things that could go wrong between now and when he's born. I'm usually a nervous wreck for these last few weeks if I allow myself to dwell.)

So.

Worth worrying about? Or just stop looking a gift horse in the mouth and sleep while I can? I think I was also fighting something off last week because I had a scratchy throat for a couple of days and then the kids did too, so maybe that - plus the extreme heat and humidity - contributed to all the uncomfortableness?

I guess I just kind of feel crazy calling my midwife and saying, "oh, by the way, I'm sleeping better and don't have any heartburn anymore, I'm kind of worried." But it seems really odd that I'm *less* uncomfortable a week later in my pregnancy...right?

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

Enjoy it! I'm not feeling any better, although I do have days where I'm less uncomfortable than others. I have heartburn at night and I'm sort of breath all of the items.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My heartburn was definitely worse second trimester. It's mostly gone now - I have made a few dietary modifications but not enough so it should be totally gone. I'm not sleeping any better though. I'd say enjoy the relief for now. Have you started your weekly appointments yet?
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

Nemesia is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

My heartburn was also much worse during my second trimester. I have stretches of days where I'll sleep very well (aside from getting up to use the bathroom 5-7 times during the night) and then I'll have stretches of days when my hips ache so much that I can't get comfortable enough to sleep well. I've also felt less movement from the baby (I'm 36+4), but I've had non-stress tests done every week for the past 4 weeks (due to my GD and age), and everything looks great. One of my friends said her OB told her to put a bag of frozen peas/veggies on her belly if she hadn't felt the baby move, and that usually does the trick.

When will you see your midwife again? In my opinion, if it's nagging at you, there's nothing wrong with placing a call to your midwife.

it sounds classic to me for baby dropping. I would bet that was it. If you're really worried, call your doc! you're on weekly appointments anyway, right?
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This happened to me with DS. My guess would be that the baby has shifted position, even if he hasn't "dropped." Maybe rolled over a bit, maybe because he can't move around as much he isn't bumping into things as much. I think that as long as you are still feeling good movement, everything is fine. Are you doing kick counts? Maybe you could ask your midwife about that to give you peace of mind. Just clarify how much movement is normal so that you can check for that. And, always, if it will make you feel better, call.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

Thanks all! I didn't meant to leave the thread hanging for so long, but between being an underpaid taxi service for the kids and having to work tonight I had no time to come back!

I'm sitting here feeling him kick and bump and hiccup, so I guess all is good. Maybe he did shift position enough to make things less uncomfortable. Definitely not feeling great when walking around so much - I did a mini grocery shop on my way home from work and didn't think I was going to make it all the way back up to the registers. (Why is it that whenever I go I have to hit all four corners of the store? Why can't the milk and cereal be next to the bread and bananas?!?) I was envying the older gentleman riding on one of those motorized carts...especially when he passed me like I was standing still.

And I *really* hope it's not the baby dropping because I'm only 35 weeks and SO not ready. I mean, doesn't that usually happen shortly before delivery? (Though I did go buy the carseat, a case of newborn diapers, and a few other necessities today. So maybe I'm more ready than I was this morning.)

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsthreads View Post
    Thanks all! I didn't meant to leave the thread hanging for so long, but between being an underpaid taxi service for the kids and having to work tonight I had no time to come back!

I'm sitting here feeling him kick and bump and hiccup, so I guess all is good. Maybe he did shift position enough to make things less uncomfortable. Definitely not feeling great when walking around so much - I did a mini grocery shop on my way home from work and didn't think I was going to make it all the way back up to the registers. (Why is it that whenever I go I have to hit all four corners of the store? Why can't the milk and cereal be next to the bread and bananas?!?) I was envying the older gentleman riding on one of those motorized carts...especially when he passed me like I was standing still.

And I *really* hope it's not the baby dropping because I'm only 35 weeks and SO not ready. I mean, doesn't that usually happen shortly before delivery? (Though I did go buy the carseat, a case of newborn diapers, and a few other necessities today. So maybe I'm more ready than I was this morning.)

Sarah
    mine both dropped months in advance. it does make it more likely for your cervix to dilate on ctx, but it doesn't mean labor is imminent. I walked around at 3cm dilated with DS at a PLUS 2 station for 7 weeks.
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

Brutal, Megs! Youch. DD was -2 stations right up until a couple hours before delivery...then she came out like a hot potato.

Haha...every cervix is different, but I'd say you could go full term based on my poor SILs! They all were +2s and 4cm for weeks.
    Muffin, 2010
    Bubba, 2013

"You've probably heard the expression 'I believe in God, just not organized religion.' I don't think people would say that if the church truly lived like we are called to live. The expression would change to 'I can't deny what the church does, but I don't believe in their God.' At least then they'd address their rejection of God rather than use the church as a scapegoat." Francis Chan

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsmama View Post
    Brutal, Megs! Youch. DD was -2 stations right up until a couple hours before delivery...then she came out like a hot potato.

Haha...every cervix is different, but I'd say you could go full term based on my poor SILs! They all were +2s and 4cm for weeks.
    so true. i feel like my cervix hates me. LOL I have what they call an "irritable uterus" which is super funny to me since my family thinks i'm the most irritable pregnant woman alive. fits perfectly.
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast