Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: push presents

I didn't get a gift for any of my pregnancies, and I'm ok with that. DH will get me anything that I ask for, but I don't ask for much.
    DS1: 3/09
    DS2: 2/11
    DS3: 3/13

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

i've never gotten a gift from dh....but my ILs have given me nice jewelry with each baby.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think it's lame! I think it goes in the same category as giving presents and tipping for every little thing.

My "push presents" were my babies!!!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by erosenst View Post
    Think some may be regional/cultural. It wasn't called that, but my dad bought my mom jewelry when my brother and I were born in the early 60s (!). DH bought me a stone which is now set in a mother's necklace when DD9 was born.

Fwiw, we are Jewish, and it appears to be the norm among our Jewish friends, and increasingly common among non Jewish.

Sent from my phone. Please excuse typing errors I've made, and auto correct 'fixes' I missed.

I do not expect a gift from my DH because we're not really the type to get each other presents -- we prefer to use the $ for vacations and such. However, your post reminded me that my Dad gave my Mom a nice pearl necklace when I was born (in the south in the early 80's). They divorced when I was in elementary school, but she held on to it and gave it to me a few years ago. I haven't worn it, mostly because I haven't had the occasion to, but I do love it and will always keep it.

I think it's a great thing. I'd love a keepsake for having a child with my husband. My mom got gifts from my dad for each me and my sister, and my mom has already passed along to me the earrings she got when I was born. I intend to pass along whatever my husband gives me to my daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3