Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ncat View Post
    I looked at the same carriers at a different store - very helpful sales clerk - and went with the Boba. I did really like the Gemini back straps crossing, but DS2 liked the Boba better and I preferred that it was less bulky. So far, I like it a lot but probably also would have liked the Gemini.

Now, I need to work on setting it up to nurse DS2 while out and about - any tips would be much appreciated.
    Glad you liked the Boba - I think it'll have a longer lifespan for you than the Gemini because of the body length/width, so you may not miss the FFO option because it can do back-carries.

Nursing and wearing are two different skills, especially with a newborn! Some folks prefer ring slings for nursing 'til Baby has more head control, but I've heard comments from SSC people who just make it work. (I have no idea how, but I was fairly busty while nursing.)

That said, I desperately wanted to nurse in my carriers, but was never able to adjust them correctly to do so, since they needed to be lowered & raised to suit DD's developmental phase at the time and I had a rough time getting the latch right.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I liked the Ergo, but both my kids hated it. I think I used it maybe 3 times before it went on Ebay. The fact that the baby can't face outward when worn front-facing is a real drawback, IMO, my kids hated that. I never found anything that worked better than the baby bjorn for us, I did like the version that had the extra back support.

ncat is online now Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DH will likely still use the Baby Bjorn - we have the version with the extra back support. DD liked facing outward A LOT, but DS1 never really liked it. Unfortunately, I can't use the Bjorn for very long without my back, shoulders, and/or breast hurting. The Boba seems to be working better. When DS1 was a baby, I was interested in wraps, but the learning curve seemed steep and they did not seem like the best thing for larger babies. DS2 is 13 lbs already at 3 weeks old (fully clothed with a cloth diaper).
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

All my current carriers are mei tais from a variety of different companies. Some of my favorites are made from wraps, so they are so moldable. I also want to learn how to wrap. I have developed an intense aversion to buckle carriers. I'm not quite sure why.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ncat View Post
    DH will likely still use the Baby Bjorn - we have the version with the extra back support. DD liked facing outward A LOT, but DS1 never really liked it. Unfortunately, I can't use the Bjorn for very long without my back, shoulders, and/or breast hurting. The Boba seems to be working better. When DS1 was a baby, I was interested in wraps, but the learning curve seemed steep and they did not seem like the best thing for larger babies. DS2 is 13 lbs already at 3 weeks old (fully clothed with a cloth diaper).
    A woven wrap would be plenty supportive ... and would also allow back & hip carries, depending on the weave of the fabric, thickness, and squirminess of the baby! HOWEVER, it would be a best-case scenario to get someone to teach you how to do more "complex" carries.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Definitely look at the Pikkolo. At 2 weeks old, you will get a lot of use out of it. I used mine from 4 weeks to about a year - I had a bunch of carriers, but the Pikkolo was my go to. We used the Ergo from about 6-7 months to 2 years.

for Sandy Hook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2