Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default For those of you who wore yoga pants

I see a lot of mamas saying that they wore yoga pants in the hospital. What brand did you like and why? Right now I'm in the anything on my stomach hurts phase (35wks).

If you had a CS and wore yoga pants was it uncomfortable?

Also - what kind of black nursing top? The hospital I am trying to VBAC at has labor tubs and I would like to have something to wear in the tub.

Thanks!
    Angelina
    DD 10/6/08
    DS 9/10/13

I just have a few pairs of yoga pants that still fit me (at 37 weeks). I think they are from Costco or target. As for nursing tanks, I have a black glamour mom one and a blue one from target packed in my bag. As for the tub, I think most women wear either a bikini swim top or a sports bra.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have a pair of ON black maternity yoga pants and they are super, super comfortable. Not stylish by any means, but very comfy, stretch, and not tight on the tummy at all.
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I wore old navy post c section and it was comfy.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Hemlock is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I wore an older style of Costco yoga pants with a drawstring after my c-section. Not sure if they still make them with a drawstring.

I wore Old Navy yoga pants/capris with the fold over waist band when I was pregnant and just after (and now, lol). I flipped the waist band up when I was pregnant and just after. C/s scar is very low, near pubic bone. The pants don't come anywhere near my scar. Unless you have a super emergency c-section with a vertical incision (rare), you should be fine.

Any sort of maternity cami should be fine in the tub. Do you have a maternity swim top? I've seen people on TV wear athletic bras or just tank tops. Will your hospital allow VBACs to labor in the tubs? The one I was in would not.

I wore cheap ON fold over waist yoga pants. During birth at the hospital I wore a sports bra from target. It got messy when they put the baby on me right after but it all came right out in the wash no problem.
    DD1 Jan '10
    DD2 Jan '12

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I didn't wear yoga pants in the hospital but I did labor in water. I wore a plain black sports bra. I think it was like this but really anything would be fine. http://www.target.com/p/c9-by-champi...Slot=large_1_4

I don't remember what happened to it after baby arrived but I remember it was removed when baby was ready to nurse and it wasn't a problem at all.
    Last edited by mikala; 07-29-2013 at 11:30 PM.

I am unsure if they will let me labor in the tub since they want me on the monitor 24/7 but I am hiring a doula who is also a midwife and plan to labor at home as long as possible and will most likely be in a tub at some point.

Looks like Old Navy is the way to go yoga pants-wise so I'll head over there sometime this week. Thanks ladies!
    Angelina
    DD 10/6/08
    DS 9/10/13

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I had something similar to these, although they were sold in the maternity dept., but were not labeled maternity on the label. I was 5'6" and about 215 at the time (all belly weight) and I got a large and they fit fine.
    http://m.gap.com/product.html?dn=gp5...=0&pdn=gc64527

35% off code today is GAPWOW. I don't think they allow code stacking anymore, but if you have a Gap Card the code TUESDAYS still works for at least 10% off.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast